Name Change On Executive Club Account

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Name Change On Executive Club Account

Hello everyone.

I wanted to find out if anyone knows how long it takes to change my name on my exec club account to add my middle name. Two days ago I opened up an incident case with BA and they had me email my passport in that includes my middle name. They only said it will be done "shortly".

Only reason I'm asking because I have a CX/BA flight departing on Monday, and I need this flight itinerary attached to my CX Marco Polo account. Problem is they can't do it until my Exec Account name matches my CX Marco Polo name.

Anyone experience having to go through an name change on your exec account and how long did it take you?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I'm confused about what you're trying to do here and I suspect others might be to. Are you trying to credit your flights to your CX account? In that case, you shouldn't have a BA account number anywhere on the booking and the name on the BA account shouldn't matter. If you just want to be able to manage your booking via CX's site, the name on your BAEC account also shouldn't matter -- you do that by entering your booking reference and last name or somesuch on CX's site, not via your CX account page.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
I'm confused about what you're trying to do here and I suspect others might be to. Are you trying to credit your flights to your CX account? In that case, you shouldn't have a BA account number anywhere on the booking and the name on the BA account shouldn't matter. If you just want to be able to manage your booking via CX's site, the name on your BAEC account also shouldn't matter -- you do that by entering your booking reference and last name or somesuch on CX's site, not via your CX account page.
You're actually right, i mistakenly usedmy BA account when I made the booking over the phone to connect to the BA Exec number, and the agent used that number instead of my CX MP number.

The agent said they couldn't add my CX MP number because my BA booking doesn't have my middle name, which my CX MP account does, and so does my passport.

Either way, all is fixed now. 3rd attempt to call in to fix this and a nice agent was actually just able to remove my BA number and add my CX number. She saw the notes and really doesn't know why the other 2 agents couldn't help.

Now the booking shows up in my CX MP account so all is good and I can choose my seats as well.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
That makes a lot more sense. In future, this can be done online via the Finnair website. Use your booking reference and last name to access the booking there and it allows you to change the frequent-flyer number yourself.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:32 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My wife, for some reason, included her middle name when opening her BAEC account, but there has never been any problem with omitting her middle name on tickets on any oneworld airline, including BA (when booking indirectly - as of course when booking or redeeming on BA.com her middle name is included automatically)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:23 pm

Just wondering if OP could call BA ago remove his BAEC number completely for the reservation (there are people who may not want to earn miles and TPs on certain flights). And after that, call CX to add his MPC number to the reservation.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
My wife, for some reason, included her middle name when opening her BAEC account, but there has never been any problem with omitting her middle name on tickets on any oneworld airline,...
The reason why your wife added her middle name is that BA asks in the application the complete name (essentially what your passport shows)*. I, just like your wife, have included my middle names and whenever I book something directly via BA, it uses the full name on the ticket which is pretty useless: It's too long for traditional boarding passes and it barely fits on mobile boarding passes.

*So does flying blue who initially refused crediting a flight because it wasn't booked under the full name
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Just wondering if OP could call BA ago remove his BAEC number completely for the reservation (there are people who may not want to earn miles and TPs on certain flights). And after that, call CX to add his MPC number to the reservation.
I actually tried this to see if it was possible. Since i called the BAEC with my number to make my reservation, they said i couldn't simply just remove it. Keep in mind this was the first 2 BAEC agents.

On the 3rd attempt the agent was able to do it without a hitch. Gave her my CX MP account number and my full name and poof it showed up in my CX MP account and i could choose my seats for FREE.

I complained about the first two agents and she said they probably didn't know it was possible or didn't have the experience to do it. Either way I am happy, I just realize if i don't get the answer i want just to call back and try someone else.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:48 pm

Sorry to bring this back up...

Anyone had a problem with the name on their membership card? As the name on my card is only showing K *******, (K being the initial of my first name) instead of my full name (that was requested by BA when signing up)

Can this be rectify by BA?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flightaholic
..Anyone had a problem with the name on their membership card? As the name on my card is only showing K *******, (K being the initial of my first name) instead of my full name (that was requested by BA when signing up)

Can this be rectify by BA?
When you phoned BAEC what did they say?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
When you phoned BAEC what did they say?
They said that it is normal for the Executive Card to show only the first initial and surname. But that is not what I am seeing from across the board and also from my friends' cards.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
surely it depends to a degree on the length of peoples names what gets printed on cards.

My card has my first and surname - both 5 letters each - printed on it as per how my account was set up.

My tickets have my full first name on them (11 letters) 2(out of 6) from my middle name and my full surname (5).

It really makes no difference if it just shows the initial or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.