Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta First Class Legroom - Comfort Plus is Better

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE

With all of Delta’s focus on increasing revenue from First class I realized today after flying my last few flights in American that Delra First Class is even worse than I remember from a few months ago:

- Bulkheads are the tightest in the industry
- Rgular rows aren’t any better than Comfort Plus
- I would no choose an aisle in Comfort Plus over the bulkhead in First. If you have long legs you must completely avoid Delta First bulkhead. Choose American 738s with 40” pitch.

Meals aren’t that great so I certainly don’t see why anyone would pay more to fly in First. Shocking how Delta gets such a good rap with such an uncomfortable Prmeium Cabin
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Leg space is less important to me than seat width, particularly the space separating me and my seat mates. Nothing worse than someone whose body parts are infringing on my space. With so many folks overweight, it's rare when someone doesn't.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aero0729
With all of Delta’s focus on increasing revenue from First class I realized today after flying my last few flights in American that Delra First Class is even worse than I remember from a few months ago:

- I would no choose an aisle in Comfort Plus over the bulkhead in First. If you have long legs you must completely avoid Delta First bulkhead. Choose American 738s with 40” pitch.

Meals aren’t that great so I certainly don’t see why anyone would pay more to fly in First. Shocking how Delta gets such a good rap with such an uncomfortable Prmeium Cabin
If you don't like it don't fly it.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond

I agree on the leg room on certain F bulkhead seats. They are horrible and I often feel bad for people sitting there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I made the mistake once, never flying domestic bulkhead again. Really unreasonable for them to place that row so close and then sell it as a premium cabin.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:29 pm

The bulkheads on DL are the WORST. That was the biggest shock coming from PMNW. It's not that NW had a lot more pitch in the bulkhead, but their configs all had footwell cutouts in the bulkheads. DL has some irrational hatred of them.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX

And its the same case on Alaska! Id rather sit n their Y+ bulkhead vs. First legroom is better.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
The most space on a DL plane these days is the first row of Comfort+ or the Exit row.

FC is a joke especially when you get a DYKWIA who goes full recline with their seat nearly touching your nose.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by motytrah
The bulkheads on DL are the WORST. That was the biggest shock coming from PMNW. It's not that NW had a lot more pitch in the bulkhead, but their configs all had footwell cutouts in the bulkheads. DL has some irrational hatred of them.
NW didn't have more pitch in F - it had less. The range of domestic F pitch on NW aircraft at merger was 34-37". Delta had 37-39". The sole type where NW matched DL was on 757s, both with 37".

Here's a Wayback Machine link to NW seat maps of 2003.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310020...l/trave/seatm/
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I actually like the bulkhead rows in first. No one reclining into my space and enough room for the window person to exit without forcing the aisle person to get up.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by JHIN
And its the same case on Alaska! Id rather sit n their Y+ bulkhead vs. First legroom is better.
This is true on the old configuration but the new AS 737-800 configuration increased fc to a 41" pitch and row 1 is now my favorite row. And I'm 6'2. Delta in fc is noticeably tighter.
muaddib89 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Austin787
I actually like the bulkhead rows in first. No one reclining into my space and enough room for the window person to exit without forcing the aisle person to get up.
I prefer it for flights under 1.5 hours. Anything longer and I start to feel cramped.

Never on 737s though.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I agree with your point in general, but on this point you are wrong. The C+ bulkhead, esp if it's an exit row, will have more leg room than a regular F seat, but a standard F seat is going to have about 2 more inches of legroom than a standard C+ seat, and the F seat will always have more width.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by estedman
If you don't like it don't fly it.
Spoken like a true DL fanboy and kool-aid drinker.
fti and ijgordon like this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I have no prob with AA's First Class legroom......DL just feels TIGHT. 1st row of C+ is the best seat usually thanks to those cheap 1/4 cabin dividers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.