Search

767 LHR to EDI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
767 LHR to EDI

Hi all,

I'm flying Club Europe on a Friday evening flight next year from LHR to EDI and was moderately surprised to find it was a 767. I've flown one before from ARN to LHR so was aware they were in use on European routes, but didn't expect one on such a short flight.

When I look to reserve seats (which I won't be doing for a while anyway, I'm only bronze and refuse to pay to select a seat when I've already paid for business class, a huge annoyance of mine at BA) it's showing just 3 rows of 2-2-2 on the seating plan, plus a front row of 2, for a total of 4 rows and 20 seats. This seems like a tiny amount for a 767, is this going to be an aircraft with a Club World seat (still seems like not enough business seats) or a problem with the website?

Cheers,
Jack
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This will not be an aircraft with club world seats, how many passengers are travelling?

The centre two are quite spacious as there's no middle seat
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Quite normal - the curtain will move back if CE sells well.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BA have seven 767s remaining in the fleet, all in shorthaul configuration. The cabins are 2-3-2 throughout, with the middle seat not sold in CE resulting in a 2-2-2 configuration.

CE can be expanded up to Row 17. The rows that can be CE are equipped with the old style blue leather convertible seats with 34" pitch.

I am not sure whether the seats in CE are converted (ie. made wider) any more.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I knew I'd get a detailed answer in minutes! Thanks all.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
The 767s have been on the EDI-LHR route consistently for the 24 years I’ve been plying that route.

Apart from a period between the mid-2000s and about 2011 when it was mainly airbuses and the odd 757 - the 767 has usually operated the first early morning departure.
aks120 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
There are generally two round trips on 767s on LHR-EDI at the moment, weekdays at least. The last LHR-EDI and first EDI-LHR are on 767s and are almost always full from what I have experienced. The first LHR c.0700 returns at c.1000 is often a 767 too; northbound is usually full, southbound half empty.

The physical seat layout is 2-3-2 and boarding is invariably through the door behind the front cabin behind Row 9. If you are in CE and want extra space go for a middle seat, the centre seat collapses inwards. The window pairs are normal width and no difference between ET and CE. Legroom is generous by modern Airbus fleet standards so you'll cope whatever. If in ET, the exit rows in Row 27 have effectively infinite legroom but you will take forever to disembark.

I must have flown 767s on this route 50+ times in 15 years and never had a mid haul subbed in. Had a couple of A320-A321 subs which is usually chaos. They are slightly issue-prone but as the first EDI-LHR is such an important flight, both it and the northbound last flight will go if at all possible. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't bank on an on-time arrival at the EDI end at least.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
It's not CW but the 767 seats (in the front cabin anyway) are the older leather seats which IMHO are substantially more comfortable than what you get on the Airbus fleet in CE. It's a fairly regular aircraft on GLA or EDI - LHR but definitely a lot more fun to fly on than an Airbus
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:40 am

Looks as if it's also being increased from twice daily to three times daily from dates I was looking at in December and January which I'm happy about as I think they are much better than the narrowbody airbus that are normally on this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:57 am

Seems to be more 767s on the LHR-GLA route when they return again with the change of timetables.
Hard to see that planned A32x's can fill all this capacity when the 767s finally go to the desert
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BobServant
Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't bank on an on-time arrival at the EDI end at least.
I was sitting onboard BA1460 [last LHR-EDI] at the time of writing of your post, while waiting for the captain [who was over 30 mins late after passengers boarded].

At the same time, cabin crew informed us that extra fuel was loaded so we can fly faster to try to minimise the delay [ended up ~45 mins late into EDI].

It was operated by G-BNWA, the oldest B763 [28 years old].
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I was sitting onboard BA1460 [last LHR-EDI] at the time of writing of your post, while waiting for the captain [who was over 30 mins late after passengers boarded].

At the same time, cabin crew informed us that extra fuel was loaded so we can fly faster to try to minimise the delay [ended up ~45 mins late into EDI].

It was operated by G-BNWA, the oldest B763 [28 years old].
I was on this flight last night too, Sat in 7C.

The crew were brilliant and I found the seats exceedingly comfortable

I will look forward to flying on BA1460 again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.