Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can Silver Medallion members use the Sky Priority luggage drop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Apologies up-front as I couldn't see anything on this since 2006. Can Silver Medallion members use the sky priority lane when checking bags? The bag drop lines are horrendous at RDU before the CDG flight, so if I can use the SP line i'd have time for a beer after security.

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ShamRockSteady
Apologies up-front as I couldn't see anything on this since 2006. Can Silver Medallion members use the sky priority lane when checking bags? The bag drop lines are horrendous at RDU before the CDG flight, so if I can use the SP line i'd have time for a beer after security.

Thanks!
You should. If you look underneath Sky Priority, you should see Silver Medallion and SkyTeam Elite in smaller print.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM
I’ve noticed some airports specifically include FO and others don’t for their check in signage (its sully under a horizontal line)

I always used SP bag checkin as an FO, and never had any issues.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by appleguru
I’ve noticed some airports specifically include FO and others don’t for their check in signage (its sully under a horizontal line)

I *think* the airports that don't include it have a separate line for just FOs? That's been my anecdotal experience at DTW and JFK. I don't check bags often, though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
RDU is my home airport and they specifically allow FO in the Sky Priority line - it's on the sign. So feel free to check in/check your bag there.
ShamRockSteady and PWMTrav like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

thanks all!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by appleguru

Correct, only places I see them specifically NOT welcome FO is hubs (ATL, JFK, etc)

When I was an FO all other airports had the "Silver Medallion/Sky Team Elite" on the signs to welcome you.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Correct, only places I see them specifically NOT welcome FO is hubs (ATL, JFK, etc)

When I was an FO all other airports had the "Silver Medallion/Sky Team Elite" on the signs to welcome you.
At airports with dedicated FO lanes it seems that they are only open during peak times. In ATL a few months ago at 6pm on a Wednesday the FO lane was closed and I was told to use the SP lane whenever it’s closed.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

If the airport does not have a dedicated FO line, you are entitled to use the SkyPriority line. "Priority check-in" is a stated benefit, so use it! https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:42 pm
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by ShamRockSteady

Thanks!
It depends on the airport, but no one ever stopped me from using a Priority line when I was a silver. But then at JFK, for example, priority line is often longer than the regular line.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Not to sound dense, but just clarifying here for myself. If I am a Silver Medallion member, I can use the Sky Priority line to check my bags regardless of the class of service in which I am flying? Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Not to sound dense, but just clarifying here for myself. If I am a Silver Medallion member, I can use the Sky Priority line to check my bags regardless of the class of service in which I am flying? Thanks!
Unless there is a separate Silver Medallion Line, which may exist at a hub, you are allowed to use the Sky Priority Line to check your bags.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Unless there is a separate Silver Medallion Line, which may exist at a hub, you are allowed to use the Sky Priority Line to check your bags.
I fly out of a small airport. We have one Sky Priority line. We have regular lines. That's it.

Good to know. Thanks!!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AGR, Club Carlson
I was first made aware of this benefit in PRG where I was reprimanded for using the regular line and not taking advantage of my benefits.

I just traveled through ORD and noticed SkyPriority signage at the baggage drop at ORD specifically says Silver Medallion Sky Team Elite while the SkyPriority signage at security does not include those.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
RDU is my home airport and they specifically allow FO in the Sky Priority line - it's on the sign. So feel free to check in/check your bag there.
Yep you are also permitted access as an SPG Crossover per the T&Cs of that program. I've done that a couple times.

As an aside the lines at RDU even in the SkyPriority line have gotten really bad if you are there before the 5/6pm bank of flights that includes CDG.

We almost missed the bag cutoff time in May when we were flying D1 because the line was moving so slowly and we were going to LHR so couldn't use the curbside check-in (which has become my go-to if traveling domestic and there is any kind of line - it's well worth the couple of bucks tip).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.