Ritz Wine Dinner

Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Ritz Wine Dinner

anyone else been invited? Looks a good one.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by pablol
More details please ..... Gold Event? GGL event ? When?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
More details please ..... Gold Event? GGL event ? When?
I don't mean to sound off here but if you haven't been invited then why do you need this information?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I don't mean to sound off here but if you haven't been invited then why do you need this information?
Are people not allowed to be curious without actually needing the information? The OP mentioned it in a public BA forum and theres quite a wide interest in BA events (e.g. the recent Fortnums event where the new White Company deal was formally announced). I dont think it was an unreasonable question given the scant details in the OPs post...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are we talking about the hotel or the crackers?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Are people not allowed to be curious without actually needing the information? The OP mentioned it in a public BA forum and theres quite a wide interest in BA events (e.g. the recent Fortnums event where the new White Company deal was formally announced). I dont think it was an unreasonable question given the scant details in the OPs post...
The details are sufficient for a reader to know if they'd been invited to the same event. I think intentionally so. Unlike the summer party, these are often small events and the details aren't really of any relevance to third parties.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:37 am
Suspended

I was merely asking if anyone else was going as it would be nice to meet old friends or make new acquaintances. I certainly wasn't trying to look boastful, and the details were not scant if you had been kindly asked to attend.
I was just asking as my GGL Invitation is for Fortnum & Mason 22/11.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

The Fortnum events are fun. Small groups, a genuine interest in what one has to say. Enjoy it. Also, it's generous pour if you are not driving home!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:43 am
Suspended

The Fortnum events are fun. Small groups, a genuine interest in what one has to say. Enjoy it. Also, it's generous pour if you are not driving home!
Thanks ... and enjoy the Ritz .... I'll be taking the tube.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:02 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The details are sufficient for a reader to know if they'd been invited to the same event. I think intentionally so. Unlike the summer party, these are often small events and the details aren't really of any relevance to third parties.
And neither is BAEC FT a private clique where only those in the know are allowed to comment or ask questions ... @:-)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why stop there?
If you have been invited, then why do you need to ask who else was invited?

If you haven't been invited, then why not ask the question you took umbrage over - as the whole thread seemed contrived to produce just such a question?

This is a forum for discussing everything related to BA. Discussion of the Concorde Room, the state of F cabins, etc are of no personal relevance to me (and to many others), yet that does not mean they are not or cannot be of interest, and we uninvited/unworthy are not similarly challenged when asking questions about such things....

That said, the personal experiences of any particular traveller on any particular flight [or in any particular lounge!] is of no direct relevance to anyone else, yet we debate such experiences ad nauseum here...
argonath likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I wasn't trying to contrive anything. I merely asked who else was going, as it's always nice to go to these events knowing who you might meet.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

And neither is BAEC FT a private clique where only those in the know are allowed to comment or ask questions ... @:-)
Well said that man. ^
danboy767, mrow and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Not me. Being based in the US won't help my cause I'm sure although I did walk past the Ritz this morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.