Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MMB duplicate entry for LHR-HEL-TLL flight bookings

Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver

Just a quick q..

Logged into MMB today and it's showing 2 bookings per sector for Tallin via HEL flights.The first entry for each sector has a 125 stock ticket number with the second "duplicate" one blank for each.

Has anyone else had this? Can I ignore it?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by OneworldHarj
Just a quick q..

Logged into MMB today and it's showing 2 bookings per sector for Tallin via HEL flights.The first entry for each sector has a 125 stock ticket number with the second "duplicate" one blank for each.

My LHR-HEL-TLL booking also had two entries in MMB for every sector at first, just as you describe, and remained like that for many weeks. But I've just checked again and it all seems to have sorted itself out.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes ignore it.

I have the some flights in the next week that are a right mish-mash of references and which flight is with which reference and some in both where I can select a seat under one ref but not the other.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
It was fine for the past 5 months and then decided to produce offspring.

Thanks for the help
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
The number of misspells Tallinn gets on here is beyond belief.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by OneworldHarj

yes, it's been like that in my MMB since March when I made the booking; will be flying in December. I ignore it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Same here. Every TLL flight I've had over the last couple of years has had that in the app.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Could it be something to do with AY? I have an upcoming TA booked, BA ticketed round-trip JFK-ARN that's in AY metal for the inbound ARN-HEL-JFK. In BA's mobile MMB but not desktop, I have the HEL-JFK sector appearing twice. It only appears once in BA's desktop MMB but shows as "operated by Ay0005 O". AY5 is the underlying Finnair flight number, I'm booked to the codeshare BA6005. Both entries in the mobile MMB show as ticketed.

Last edited by rpjs; Sep 21, 2017 at 10:24 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Same here with duplicate entries for each leg.

MyFlights also alerted me to a change in my seat for the final HEL-LHR leg from "3C confirmed" to "3C unconfirmed" about a fortnight ago. I'd reserved it via web chat with AY back when I booked the ticket back in May. BA MMB shows no seat allocation at all for that leg although it does for the outbounds. If I go into the booking via the AY website it still has the seat reservation as before so I'm ignoring this for the moment, but has anyone else had the same issue?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Hi gingerlucy,

I had/have the same issue with duplicate bookings and an unconfirmed seat. I think it has something to do with there initially being separate PNR's from Finnair and BA if booked via ba.com but the PNR's were merged into one a little while ago and for some reason, it left the duplicate entries within MMB. I also had an "unconfirmed" seat so I called Finnair to check if there was a problem. They were incredibly helpful and could see there was an issue (which they couldn't quite understand or explain) but said as One World Emerald, the seats should be showing as confirmed so they pressed a button and all was fixed within minutes. Might be worth giving them a buzz as well just to be on the safe side.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It's to do with codeshare flights and both BA and AY being in Amadeus. When a codeshare flight is booked, two PNRs are created; the marketing PNR (where the ticket is issued, and the flight is marketed as BAxxxx), and the operating PNR (where the operating airline holds the reservation on AYxxx).

Don't worry about it, that's just how it works.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
Hi gingerlucy,

I had/have the same issue with duplicate bookings and an unconfirmed seat. I think it has something to do with there initially being separate PNR's from Finnair and BA if booked via ba.com but the PNR's were merged into one a little while ago and for some reason, it left the duplicate entries within MMB. I also had an "unconfirmed" seat so I called Finnair to check if there was a problem. They were incredibly helpful and could see there was an issue (which they couldn't quite understand or explain) but said as One World Emerald, the seats should be showing as confirmed so they pressed a button and all was fixed within minutes. Might be worth giving them a buzz as well just to be on the safe side.
Thanks, I'll do that or give their webchat a go again. I'm sure they'll sort it as they were very helpful when I initially contacted them to reserve the seats.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Whilst on the subject of LHR-TLL-LHR, has anyone challenged BA for showing all the AY codeshare flights to TLL via HEL as sold out in J for every flight when trying to book on ba.com 355 days in advance? They seem happy to sell Y on AY metal but it's not very "One Worldy" of them. Has anyone tested booking Y in the hope of a POAG at a decent price?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.