Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Checked in but can't print boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG

I am flying on EK018 on Thursday. Am all checked in but got message that I have to collect boarding pass at check on desk. Any thoughts why?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:10 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
I am flying on EK018 on Thursday. Am all checked in but got message that I have to collect boarding pass at check on desk. Any thoughts why?
Are you in Y or J? Maybe it's oversold and you may be getting upgraded
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
To save others googling: MAN-DXB (I knew it was a MAN flight but not sure which direction).

Where to? Document checks come to mind, if you require a visa or yellow fever card (if I recall you travel to Southern and Eastern Africa a lot?). Also several other reasons, why it may be required, credit card verification, oversell situation, etc.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Yes, usually for visa checking. But quite strange for MAN-DXB.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
To save others googling: MAN-DXB (I knew it was a MAN flight but not sure which direction).

Where to? Document checks come to mind, if you require a visa or yellow fever card (if I recall you travel to Southern and Eastern Africa a lot?). Also several other reasons, why it may be required, credit card verification, oversell situation, etc.
Hadn't thought about visas. Really ought to l ow better.

Second error of the day. Was looking at weather forecast and convinced myself of a good reason why it was 15c colder and wet in Blantyre compared to Lilongwe. Turned out I was looking at Blantyre in Scotland not in Malawi. Ooops. If anyone finds out I will be thrown out of the Royal Geographical Society.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Hadn't thought about visas. Really ought to l ow better.

Second error of the day. Was looking at weather forecast and convinced myself of a good reason why it was 15c colder and wet in Blantyre compared to Lilongwe. Turned out I was looking at Blantyre in Scotland not in Malawi. Ooops. If anyone finds out I will be thrown out of the Royal Geographical Society.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards
We had a similar problem when flying MAN-DXB-Yangon at T-48. Boarding passes refused to print for a few hours and the screen said we would have to check in at the MAN desk. Next day, we could print all our boarding passes. I think it was because Yangon had been slow to acknowledge the advance passenger data and confirm that we already had visas.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by beeorchid
We had a similar problem when flying MAN-DXB-Yangon at T-48. Boarding passes refused to print for a few hours and the screen said we would have to check in at the MAN desk. Next day, we could print all our boarding passes. I think it was because Yangon had been slow to acknowledge the advance passenger data and confirm that we already had visas.
Not sure how exactly it works. I generally always get a mobile BP when I fly to India, where I need a visa. it just beeps at the gate and they ask for my passport, or they check at the lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:35 pm

I've heard of this into/inside of the USA for enhances screening (SSSS coding). Could it be something like that? Did you book last minute or something?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I've heard of this into/inside of the USA for enhances screening (SSSS coding). Could it be something like that? Did you book last minute or something?
That's pretty much only on flights that involve the US.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Isn't the thumb rule eastbound flights - even flight numbers, westbound flights - odd flight numbers?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by marbe166
Isn't the thumb rule eastbound flights - even flight numbers, westbound flights - odd flight numbers?
Yes but for the life of me I cannot remember, not even the flights I take every month...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:40 am

Yes but for the life of me I cannot remember, not even the flights I take every month...
Like Dubai to Capetown? West and even numbered.

I think the rule also has some North/South bit to it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ft101

The rule is overtaken now by the fact there are so many flights!

Don't forget they are still constrained by the 1,2,3,4 etc. regional identifiers.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by ft101

Yeah but I can never remember if West is even or East is even. I know it's one and the other.

As a private pilot I face a similar conundrum with flight levels. General Aviation traffic in most parts of the world follows the semi-circular rule, where westbound is even/odd flight levels (+500ft for visual traffic/VFR) and eastbound is odd/even (see I can't even remember right now!), luckily I have lots of charts and other references to look it up whenever I need to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.