Wiki Posts
Search

BA1332 / G-EUPB Flight Tracking Anomaly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

BA1332 / G-EUPB Flight Tracking Anomaly

Afternoon all

I am heading to Leeds this evening on this flight/aircraft and have been following the aircraft around europe today to see if I'm likely to make it home to my parents' for dinner on time!

Started off well getting in from Milan in good time. The aircraft was then heading up to NCL, and seems to have now dropped off the radars online. Does anyone know why this is? You can usually still see taxiing planes on flightaware etc. Some sites are also showing a flight time of 1hr 57m.

There seems to be loads of delays across flights at LHR today - super busy or something else going on??

Your wisdom would be appreciated... and I can begin to emotionally deal with the fact my chicken soup my be cold by the time I get to it!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nickyjames
Afternoon all

I am heading to Leeds this evening on this flight/aircraft and have been following the aircraft around europe today to see if I'm likely to make it home to my parents' for dinner on time!

Started off well getting in from Milan in good time. The aircraft was then heading up to NCL, and seems to have now dropped off the radars online. Does anyone know why this is? You can usually still see taxiing planes on flightaware etc. Some sites are also showing a flight time of 1hr 57m.

There seems to be loads of delays across flights at LHR today - super busy or something else going on??

Your wisdom would be appreciated... and I can begin to emotionally deal with the fact my chicken soup my be cold by the time I get to it!
I get the impression there is some bad weather across the south of the country around Milton Keynes. I am on the delayed BA1343 southbound flight and watched the northbound flight with a very odd routing. The LHR-MAN flight that took off just before was similarly delayed on the ground and had a similar unusual routing in the air.

I am connecting on but my flight isn't until 2005 so the delay shouldn't be an issue for me. Not sure how much and whether you will be delayed later on. If you are still around T5 when I land (probably around 4.30pm at this rate) send me a PM.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can begin to emotionally deal with the fact my chicken soup my be cold by the time I get to it!
I thought they only did leek soup in Yorkshire as a treat to visitors or when the thin gruel runs out? Or maybe you're actually from Harrogate.

It's quite windy and showery today, so I would guess there have been slow downs on the rate of arrivals on the LHR runways. I would not get too attached to particular aircraft, BA schedulers will change the aircraft around to meet the schedule if necessary but at the moment it does look you are 80-90 minutes late. BA.com Flight Status is by far the most accurate source of data, even the flight deck uses that information.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am on the delayed BA1343 southbound flight
Thanks and good luck!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I thought they only did leek soup in Yorkshire as a treat to visitors or when the thin gruel runs out? Or maybe you're actually from Harrogate.
halfway between Leeds and Harrogate

Aircraft is back on the map, steaming up to NCL and updated delay of 45 mins (better then 90 mins which is briefly changed to). I won't hold my breath though!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Does anyone know why this is? You can usually still see taxiing planes on flightaware etc. Some sites are also showing a flight time of 1hr 57m
It's now on the way, looks like a long ground hold :
Actual Gate Departure: 1:47 PM - Fri Aug-18-2017
Actual Runway Departure: 3:03 PM - Fri Aug-18-2017

The planned flight time of 1h57m would include the expected ground delay.

FWIW, an intense hailburst passed through Oxon Park, heading for LHR, a couple of hours ago.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Thunder and lightning, albeit brief, in EC1 around 3pm today, that'll have slowed the approach rate.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Finally landed two hours late, could've been worse I suppose.

Quite enjoyed the little chicken salad in J - lots and lots of chicken on there!

The flight ended with the purser spilling a glass of water all over my MacBook keyboard whilst I was in the toilet! Not sure if damage is lasting yet. He noted the incident on iPad and promised customer services would be in touch. I get the feeling nothing will happen though until I initiate.

Thanks all for your help and advice yesterday.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Hmm, I was over 3hrs late on my return to EDI. The weather wasn't specifically mentioned- just a late incoming flight, but I wonder if that was a long ground hold at origin due to weather at LHR. Will see what BA say about the EU261 claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.