Bangkok Airways and BA - Lounge Access

Subscribe
Hi all,

I've searched online but struggling to come up with a definitive answer.

If you have a connecting economy flight on Bangkok Airways booked through BA, as a BA Silver would I get lounge access?

And also, if booked independently with Bangkok Airways, would lounge access be granted?

*I did read that lounge access is available when you book a Oneworld round the world type ticket - so thought I'd try my luck!

Thanks for any info!
Mention of lounge access
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...eement-386757/
I believe Bangkok Airways has lounges (with feee food & drinks) for all their passengers
Quote: Hi all,

I've searched online but struggling to come up with a definitive answer.

If you have a connecting economy flight on Bangkok Airways booked through BA, as a BA Silver would I get lounge access?

And also, if booked independently with Bangkok Airways, would lounge access be granted?

*I did read that lounge access is available when you book a Oneworld round the world type ticket - so thought I'd try my luck!

Thanks for any info!
If booked independent I don't see how you would get any access on the basis of your BAEC status.
As above, Bangkok Airways provides lounges for all passengers. There are two tiers, one for any passenger and the other for their Blue Riband i.e. business class passengers - you will only get in the latter on the basis of a business class ticket.
Atlantic 101 likes this.
Quote: I believe Bangkok Airways has lounges (with feee food & drinks) for all their passengers
I can confirm this is the case. They run a surprisingly nice operation.
I'm going to assume your onward Bangkok Airways flight is International so the question really is can you access the CX lounge at Suvarnbhumi?

The Bangkok Airways lounges are decent enough but no alcohol in the normal one.

Their business lounge has beer or poor wine.
Quote: I'm going to assume your onward Bangkok Airways flight is International so the question really is can you access the CX lounge at Suvarnbhumi?
Bangkok Airways operated ticket will not get you in the CX or JL lounges, regardless of flight number or where/how it was purchased.
Quote: Bangkok Airways operated ticket will not get you in the CX or JL lounges, regardless of flight number or where/how it was purchased.
Kind of thought the same but thought I'd leave that to the experts.
Very interesting. I'd have never guessed they had lounge that all passengers could access. Thanks for all the info!
Quote: I can confirm this is the case. They run a surprisingly nice operation.
+ 1

When I first learnt that I could access their lounge prior to a very short hop in Y, I was almost in disbelief. Ok...... the lounges are not exactly elegant or luxurious, but pleasant enough (not least the reception staff) - and it's more about the underlying customer-focused culture the airline wants to create.
Have since flown a number of sectors with them ....... probably my favourite small /regional carrier ^
For the OP.

The Bangkok Airways business class is often not a huge jump in fare and has very comfortable seating and decent food and drinks service on board.

Also the small business class lounge has prepared to order food which is excellent and some massage chairs which my better half seems to enjoy!

Might be worth an upgrade on the regional flight if prices are reasonable.
Bearing in mind the low cost fares the basic lounges provide a comfortable place to wait, surprisingly good free WIFI (login codes distributed at lounge front desk), ample electrical hookups, free tea, coffee, juice, basic sandwiches and muffins.

Its not luxury but lot better than waiting in the public areas. The basic domestic lounge at BKK I would rate higher than the international.

Outstation lounges are variable but still offered to all passengers.
Their lounge in the old terminal building at Luang Prabang was brilliant in a quiant small room kind of way, much better than the general area. They were building a new terminal when we were there so I assume the old one shutdown.
Quote: Bearing in mind the low cost fares the basic lounges provide a comfortable place to wait, surprisingly good free WIFI (login codes distributed at lounge front desk), ample electrical hookups, free tea, coffee, juice, basic sandwiches and muffins.

Its not luxury but lot better than waiting in the public areas. The basic domestic lounge at BKK I would rate higher than the international.

Outstation lounges are variable but still offered to all passengers.
The basic domestic lounge is indeed better than the international one.

The lounge at Chiang Mai is abysmal but the ones on Koh Samui are very good, especially the Blue Ribbon.