"talk to us" taking >30 days!!

Subscribe
What's going on? Had a bunch of issues that I've sent in my emails but it's been well over the 30 days that they would respond....what's going on? They usually are really fast
Quote: What's going on? Had a bunch of issues that I've sent in my emails but it's been well over the 30 days that they would respond....what's going on? They usually are really fast
Did you elect to pay for the upgraded "talk to us" processing option? You can pay with dollars or miles, but you cannot use DL eCerts.
I imagine the series of weather issues this spring increased the volume. Of course the operational issues in April didn't help.
Yeah, took from June 1 to July 14!
I am still waiting for close to 30+ days for response. When I call the toll free number, it is a mind numbing 2 hour+ delay. Twitter takes 2+ hours to even acknowledge your DM.

Could they not throw more staffing in customer response teams? It is not going to cost that much.
FYI I emailed a complaint via the DL website on 6/30 and they called me back tonight (7/17) so it took 17 days. I am a DM.
Quote: FYI I emailed a complaint via the DL website on 6/30 and they called me back tonight (7/17) so it took 17 days. I am a DM.
If a DM is subjected to this delay then it seems that it is part of a new Delta plan (which will soon be copied by United and American) to slow down customer service. I presume they have some statistics or were sold by AF/KLM on the benefits of delayed response. It cannot be an abnormal event(s), looks more like a plan.

I was truly shocked with the 2 hour hold time when it came to rebooking and wonder if they will ever get to my complaints sent via email.
Quote: I was truly shocked with the 2 hour hold time when it came to rebooking and wonder if they will ever get to my complaints sent via email.
DOT rules set deadlines for acknowledgment and 'substantive response.'
I sent in a question about missing miles from partner activity (rental car) and got a response in a few days. So it probably depends on the nature of the communication and which department handles it.
I sent something in 7/1 about broken IFE....so far, crickets
Given DL IT system it could have been lost. I would resend
Honestly I am surprised they still have the option to contact them....

Really DL is like your local power company, why do they need to care about customer service if they are the only game in town? What are you going to do, stop using power?

Same thing can be said for 95+% of DL's business especially in super hub ATL, in all honesty who else are you going to fly???
Quote: DOT rules set deadlines for acknowledgment and 'substantive response.'
Do you know what the deadlines are? This is regarding couple of refunds that total $900. I know there will be couple of billing cycles before they will refund it.

Quote: Honestly I am surprised they still have the option to contact them....

I reckon they have a staff of 5 to man the email system. This way they will get to it when they will get to it. As you mention what else am I going to do. The only recourse is to file a complaint with DOT.