Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Trying out UA - Trying to Find a Cheap F Route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold

Hey all, I'm looking at trying out UA for a change so I'm trying to find the best value F route I can. The dates I'm looking at are July 8th or 9th. The point would simply be the flights so turning around at the destination is fine with me.

So far the best I've found is ATL-SFO-DEN-TPA for $691 (with the one flight on the 788). Any other places I could look that UA is historically cheap to/from? I'm based in TPA.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Hey all, I'm looking at trying out UA for a change so I'm trying to find the best value F route I can. The dates I'm looking at are July 8th or 9th. The point would simply be the flights so turning around at the destination is fine with me.

So far the best I've found is ATL-SFO-DEN-TPA for $691 (with the one flight on the 788). Any other places I could look that UA is historically cheap to/from? I'm based in TPA.
IMhO 691.00 for less then 2 weeks out is pretty good.

However, since TPA based... look at a drive to MCO. You might find some better value there.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
That sounds pretty good to me!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
My 2 cents worth: that is a good deal. And an F ride on 788 is DEFINITELY worth it. Also +1 for better fares from MCO. I just booked a SFO/ATL,MCO/ATL open jaw for $300 less than SFO/ATL RT.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k
+1 for an MCO start. The first two flights to EWR on the 7th are showing as 757-200 with lie flats if you can work that into an itinerary.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
I'm sorry, but can you explain why you don't just buy UA on your next regular trip? What is the advantage to spending a day or two, and $800 trying out UA?

(Not trying to criticize; I'm genuinely wondering if I missed something.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.