Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

FS Jumeirah beach Dubai - how is construction noise around it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates

I looked at staying here last year but there was a lot of talk about construction going on around it so ended up at Raffles as it was close to where a friend of mine lives (and I was perfectly happy there!). Now another friend of mine is thinking about going to Dubai so I wondered if anyone has any comments to make on FS and what the construction is like lately.

His other choices are:
Park Hyatt
Armani

They arent really into shopping so much so being near the mall isnt going to be a major selling point.

Interested in your thoughts.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Dorchester DC, FSPP, STARS, FAN, Knights, Bellini Club, PenClub, Relais & Chateaux PP, etc
I was just there, stayed at FS Jumeirah beach & Armani, there isn't noticeable construction noise at FS but would recommend staying in town at the Armani over it. The beach is eh.. not what Dubai is for
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasondetar
I was just there, stayed at FS Jumeirah beach & Armani, there isn't noticeable construction noise at FS but would recommend staying in town at the Armani over it. The beach is eh.. not what Dubai is for
what in particular did you like about ARmani over FS?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Wow, now there's a real contrast. We stayed at the FS Jumeirah Beach in February and thought it was excellent. Classic Four Seasons and exceptional service. While certainly not in the heart of the city, it's not that far by car (except in rush hour) plus there are great restaurants on property (Jean-Georges and Coya).
Pics and report on the Four Seasons Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
We also stayed in March and absolutely loved the hotel. it's a bit far from the city, but if you're there on leisure, there really isn't that much to do in the city anyway...

I would argue that the FS Dubai is one of the better properties I've ever been to. F&B was excellent, as was the room and service. As it rained all three nights we were there, we stayed in the hotel a lot and really appreciated the splurge for this property versus staying elsewhere.

Also, no noise.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Dorchester DC, FSPP, STARS, FAN, Knights, Bellini Club, PenClub, Relais & Chateaux PP, etc
Originally Posted by Susiew237
what in particular did you like about ARmani over FS?
I preferred the location (town and more to do), fountain view rooms you can tune in on your tv and watch & listen to them, vibe (personal preference), lifestyle managers go above and beyond for the personal level of service (you can txt them or call their cell directly through your stay). Armani is a smaller property but directly in the burj khalifa. I like the Armani styling but like the vibe, personal preference again...

You cannot go wrong with either, I would not recommend Armani for every client as it depends on their personal preferences and style but this is just me
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, now there's a real contrast. We stayed at the FS Jumeirah Beach in February and thought it was excellent. Classic Four Seasons and exceptional service. While certainly not in the heart of the city, it's not that far by car (except in rush hour) plus there are great restaurants on property (Jean-Georges and Coya).
Pics and report on the Four Seasons Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Thanks... loving your blog...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Armani is one of the worst (so called luxury) hotels I know. Also don't like location if you don't shop all the day at Dubai mall.

Last edited by offerendum; Jun 28, 2017 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:16 am

You'd be surprised how many people value a quality beach in Dubai. While FS has a natural beach, they extended it a year after opening by 10 meters and also secured the waters to make it a safe experience. They also built a platform for Yoga and special offers, depending on the season, which is quite popular. All this while you're minutes away from Downtown.

If you opt for Armani, ask them well in advance if they are having any groups as on every occasion I visited the last few times, this was the case and it was not a pretty sight!

My take on Dubai
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:36 am

I know plenty go for and/or appreciate a good beach in Dubai, my point was the beach at FS was not good. I was there last month and while the water was awkwardly hot, it was fat from clear or clean. From what I heard its not always like that but a lot of Americans stopover in Dubai on their way to a final destination, such as the Maldives, so going to Dubai for the beach would be a big disappointment if used to much better...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I know plenty go for and/or appreciate a good beach in Dubai, my point was the beach at FS was not good. I was there last month and while the water was awkwardly hot, it was fat from clear or clean. From what I heard its not always like that but a lot of Americans stopover in Dubai on their way to a final destination, such as the Maldives, so going to Dubai for the beach would be a big disappointment if used to much better...
And how the beach is at the Armani?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:16 am

lol.. no beach.. but great spa
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:15 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

I don't understand the love for this FS here. When we were there, we thought the service was mediocre, the building itself was ugly, and the beach (and 'water view' with all of the construction) was really poor. Still, nice pool, gym, and spa.

We also thought the rooms were nice, but nothing amazing.

I agree that it's foolish to go to Dubai and expect a nice beach (or a true beach resort, for that matter).

Personally, I was more impressed with both the Raffles and the Oberoi. I am curious about the new Oberoi Al Zorah.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Which hotel in Dubai offers good beach? As a beach-sestination whole Dubai is a disappointment. But beach is a nice ad-on.

Originally Posted by SFO777
And how the beach is at the Armani?
The Emperor's New Clothes

lol.. no beach.. but great spa
Really? Pool at least is meh
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Which hotel in Dubai offers good beach? As a beach-sestination whole Dubai is a disappointment. But beach is a nice ad-on.

Really? Pool at least is meh
The Jumeirah properties looked to have better beaches. Admittedly, I only saw them looking out from the Burj Al Arab but more people were in the water and it looked more clear than FS. FS maybe 1-2 people would ever be in the water there, it simply was not nice.. I felt gross being in it and rinsed off immediately. Vis was maybe 6".

Yeah the Spa was good, I did FS too and liked the hydrotherapy there as well though. That's always been a nice perk of the FS properties is complimentary access to the facilities. FS @ Walt Disney World this is very popular among the guys at night after a day at the parks with the family, and it is a nice spa there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.