Wiki Posts
Search

Screener caught stealing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Screener caught stealing

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/tsa-a...-oia/538898628

While she was patted down, Duddleston told TSA security officer Michelle Metz that she couldn’t see her luggage, so Metz moved her closer.

Duddleston complained again that she couldn’t see her bag, and Johnson moved slightly.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those TSA background checks sure weed out the bad guys.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Does anyone think this is the first time this screener has exercised his discretion to steal?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:30 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
From the article:
TSA officers represent a professional and honorable workforce that is trained to treat passengers and their personal belongings with care and respect. No exceptions will be tolerated.
Ha ha ha ha.... oh boy, I can't wait to use this quote on the next TSA person who treats me with "respect". Ha ha.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
The Officer should be counseled and retrained. Behavior like this damages the TSA's reputation for integrity, and is a metaphorical cracking of the plastic in the TSO's badge.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:08 am

I wonder what his actual duties were - besides watching a female pax get groped by a TSO obstructing her view of her bag.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:58 am

Your safety -- and your money -- are our priority.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Alexander Shae Johnson's mugshot:

His mug is all over the Orlando media ... must be nice to wake up famous.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mats
Your safety -- and your money -- are our priority.
TSA's top priority is passing Red Team/DHS IG testing with a score of >5%.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Does anyone think this is the first time this screener has exercised his discretion to steal?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...623-story.html

Alexander Shae Johnson, 22, who had been with TSA just a few months, was arrested on a charge of third-degree felony grand theft, records show.
Hopefully he hadn't been on the public dole long enough to have had many opportunities to pilfer from innocent travelers held hostage to TSA's secret rules.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...623-story.html

Hopefully he hadn't been on the public dole long enough to have had many opportunities to pilfer from innocent travelers held hostage to TSA's secret rules.
He should have to repay the cost of his vacay at the 'academy' if he's been with TSA less than a year.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

Originally Posted by chollie
He should have to repay the cost of his vacay at the 'academy' if he's been with TSA less than a year.
And uniform allowance.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With all ~600 or so acknowledged instances of theft by TSA employees, there must be some sort of underground network that teaches them how to effectively steal from passengers, whether at the checkpoint or in the baggage screening area. I will make an assertion based on my own personal observations since 2002 that screeners aren't smart enough to think up all of this on their own. This guy was stupid enough to put the big wad of cash in his shirt pocket.

I wonder how he put together enough money for bail?

Last edited by FliesWay2Much; Jun 24, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I wonder how he pit together enough money for bail?
His bail money was in his other pocket.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
With all ~600 or so acknowledged instances of theft by TSA employees, there must be some sort of underground network that teaches them how to effectively steal from passengers, whether at the checkpoint or in the baggage screening area. I will make an assertion based on my own personal observations since 2002 that screeners aren't smart enough to think up all of this on their own. This guy was stupid enough to put the big wad of cash in his shirt pocket.

I wonder how he pit together enough money for bail?
Perhaps the TSA "academy" has classes, Passenger Pat Down Poker or maybe Screening for Bucks; how screeners can supplement their paycheck. Surely half the academy time is devoted how to abuse travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.