Wiki Posts
Search

BA [no longer suits my needs]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
BA [no longer suits my needs]

Have done loads of trips with BA all over Europe,but due to BoB,shoddy service,dirty aircraft,and indifferent CC my last trip is in July to EDI,one way is CE,after that no more BA for me,just blagged a flight to EDI in Sept,FLYBE,£39.00 including seat reservation and taxes,and in a propeller airplane!Lovely.
What a shame BA has become so poor for service,and lack of care for it's 'customers'.Will BA still be around in a few years time?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by liamvad
Have done loads of trips with BA all over Europe,but due to BoB,shoddy service,dirty aircraft,and indifferent CC my last trip is in July to EDI,one way is CE,after that no more BA for me,just blagged a flight to EDI in Sept,FLYBE,£39.00 including seat reservation and taxes,and in a propeller airplane!Lovely.
What a shame BA has become so poor for service,and lack of care for it's 'customers'.Will BA still be around in a few years time?
Yes.

However I still believe we'll see an ever bigger schism between short haul and long haul
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:01 pm

Great thread title on a BA forum...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Whatever could be said about BA, at least they have a working space bar....
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:12 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
OP is already aligned with the latest BA thinking. Spacebars can be enhanced to several additional "£" keys.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thank you for posting a new thread entitled simply BA.

I am quite sure that British Airways will be in contact with you shortly as they are so concerned with the loss of your EDI booking.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
A working Space BAr? Hmmm.

Does Hans Solo fly BA??
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:53 pm

I think I must have missed something I here. What is all the fuss about space bars?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Yes.

However I still believe we'll see an ever bigger schism between short haul and long haul
I actually think the schism will be between WT / WT+ and Club / First.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I think I must have missed something I here. What is all the fuss about space bars?
The OP's keyboard doesn't appear to have one.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dambus
A working Space BAr? Hmmm.

Does Hans Solo fly BA??
Is he the Danish cousin?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Why is a propeller plane so lovely?!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:12 pm

The responses to the OP on this thread (including a moderator) hardly encourages people to post.

Grow up!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by liamvad
Well, I'm afraid I won't be joining you. FlyBe's timekeeping is pretty terrible, those turbo-prop aircrafts are more cramped and a lot more noisy than BA's Airbuses, with significantly less overhead space and take somewhat longer to do the trip. You are probably looking at a bus connection at both ends, and no lounge access. And if you want the miniscule Avios earning from FlyBe then you have to claim within a 10 day (in reality 7 day) window. FlyBe is BOB, their aircraft are no cleaner than BA, and have no CE offering even if you wanted it. The cheapest BA HBO fare is about £70 from LHR (£39 from LGW) and now includes seat reservation with status, as well as lounge access, with a particularly good BA lounge at EDI. For those of us starting from EDI, the onward connectivity options on a FlyBe ticket from LHR onwards are fairly lame. BA has 12 to 14 services a day from T5 to EDI, FlyBe has 4 flights during the week.

I think the question is rather more whether FlyBe will be around in a few years, given where they are at the moment, and I have my doubts about the longevity of the LHR-EDI service in particular.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well, I'm afraid I won't be joining you. FlyBe's timekeeping is pretty terrible, those turbo-prop aircrafts are more cramped and a lot more noisy than BA's Airbuses, with significantly less overhead space and take somewhat longer to do the trip. You are probably looking at a bus connection at both ends, and no lounge access. And if you want the miniscule Avios earning from FlyBe then you have to claim within a 10 day (in reality 7 day) window. FlyBe is BOB, their aircraft are no cleaner than BA, and have no CE offering even if you wanted it. The cheapest BA HBO fare is about £70 from LHR (£39 from LGW) and now includes seat reservation with status, as well as lounge access, with a particularly good BA lounge at EDI. For those of us starting from EDI, the onward connectivity options on a FlyBe ticket from LHR onwards are fairly lame. BA has 12 to 14 services a day from T5 to EDI, FlyBe has 4 flights during the week.

I think the question is rather more whether FlyBe will be around in a few years, given where they are at the moment, and I have my doubts about the longevity of the LHR-EDI service in particular.
Unusually pointed for the normally magnanimous c-w-s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.