Wiki Posts
Search

Extension to gain GUF2?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Extension to gain GUF2?

Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence of whether BA will offer the two week extension they do to retain status in order to gain a GUF2 voucher?

I'll be 10 points short of triggering one at year end, and while I can always do a day trip to EDI or somewhere similar to get them, I also have a CE flight the day after my year ends - so if an extension is available, then no need for me to book anything else.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope the extension is only for renewing Status that many otherwise be missed. Not GUF2
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Ok, thanks - daytrip it is
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
From what I recall/ have seen on here previously, there is a strong consensus that this is not something that generally is given. The extension is only granted (retrospectively) for status renewal. But maybe someone will be along with a different view.

Last edited by Woodbinerich; Jun 23, 2017 at 1:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
From what I recall/ have seen on here previously, there is a strong consensus that this is not something that generally is given. The extension is only granted (retrospectively) for status renewal. But maybe someone will be along with a different view.
It was stated a few years ago by the BA rep on here that extensions were only for status levels and not for other benefits.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Seems not.
Can the 2 week grace period be triggered for GUF?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Having asked before, can confirm with 100% certainty that extension is only given for status and not for soft benefits such as GUF2...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.