NYC area (EWR/LGA/HPN) + PHL storms / waiver 19 June 2017

Subscribe
I'm on UA81 EWR-MAN 7.35PM departure. Looks like we.might have some stores. Anyone more clued up than me know if they are likely to impact TATL departures. Thx
NYC area (EWR/LGA/HPN) + PHL storms / waiver 19 June 2017
Cutrrently on UA 1961, deviating all the way down thru VA to get to EWR from LAX. Looks lile we will just beat the delays as storms settle over EWR.

Beautiful flying by the UA pilot today, followed him on the radar circum navigating some nasty red spots on the map. Masterfully done UA!
Westbound 1960 delayed several hours
but status from UA homepage indicated departed and with ~7 minutes ealy arrival. Major discrepancy! My boss texting me about being back at the gate with the option to disembark, while US status showing as above. This can't be a good way to run an airline!
Left on 755 today heading to ORD and we went nearly the same route. I was asked to VDB from first to a direct to PDX to make room but I passed since it was only $100 and I didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck in EWR as the flight they wanted me to move to was leaving after 6:00.
Noticed the travel waiver as well - which was nice, until my 5:15 SFO-EWR cancelled. Nothing else before or after until 11:30 pm. Here's hoping the UC is not too crowded.
UA 78 diverting to CLE
I'm on UA 78 being diverted to Cleveland. Still need to make it to IAD and then GRU.
Looks like UA 1640 is diverting over Maryland, my guess is it's heading towards IAD.

Edit: looks like it's doing circles of Southern NJ.
A weather waiver has been issued

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eptionPolicies

and from the FAA website for EWR (and everything from iAD/DCA north to BOS looks screwed )

Quote:
Due to WX / THUNDERSTORMS and WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS and WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 56 minutes.
Quote: I'm on UA 78 being diverted to Cleveland. Still need to make it to IAD and then GRU.
I flew UA 141 into IAD from BCN and the plane landed just in time. As I was riding those weird IAD shuttle machines into customs I overheard Air Traffic Control making adjustments on the fly as a result of the approaching storms.
I am sitting at my desk. I live on the Manhattan side of the Hudson River. You can't get any farther west than my "street" in Manhattan without hitting the Hudson (well, technically, there is the West Side Highway).

We are having some bad storms here. It's dark, cloudy, rainy, and windy. Usually, I can see the Time-Warner Center from my window. Right now, I can only see the building across the courtyard from us. Visibility is low. The rain is getting heavier, and it is falling diagonally, almost horizontally. Earlier, there was visible lightning. Now, you can hear thunder.
This looks nasty. I think 281 average delay for Newark is the highest I have ever seen.

https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

I am 15 minutes from EWR and there has been thunder and lightening for the past 15 minutes as of 6:25pm EST.
Quote: This looks nasty. I think 281 average delay for Newark is the highest I have ever seen.
It really worries me that with changing climates storms are getting more intense, and we hear more and more reports of severe turbulence injuring people...and it will keep getting worse...
56 (Paris-Newark) didn't have a great day. Diverted to Hartford. Took off for Newark again and diverted to Boston. Looks like it's still sitting in Boston.
Quote: 56 (Paris-Newark) didn't have a great day. Diverted to Hartford. Took off for Newark again and diverted to Boston. Looks like it's still sitting in Boston.
Don't worry, it's all hosed today as DL153 (AGP-JFK) diverted to PVD and AA1889 (CLT-BDL) is also on the ground at PVD.

And I thought that the biggest issue this week was connecting through PHX tomorrow.

ETA: Listening to LiveATC, they just offered a routing for PVD-MCO via SYR. And the kicker is that the approved altitude is 10,000 until SYR, then can request higher.