Weather waiver for 6/19 from Delta?

Subscribe
I just got a text saying that my PBI-ATL-PHL may be eligible for a weather waiver change.
I don't see any massive storms scheduled and nothing on the web site or the app.
Waiting for a call back. Anyone else get this?
It is up on the DL websire. 6/19 - 6.21 for basically the DC - NY corridor.

EDIT: On DL.com look in that deep blue bar that runs under the pretty picture. In the middle is the advisory link.
Calling for heavy thunderstorms here in DC tomorrow
For those who are wondering, affected airports are:
Quote:
Allentown, PA (ABE)
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
New York, NY – Kennedy (JFK)
New York, NY – LaGuardia (LGA)
Newark, NJ ( EWR)
Newburgh, NY (SWF)
Scranton, PA (AVP)
Washington-Dulles, D.C. (IAD)
Washington-Reagan, D.C. (DCA)
White Plains, NY (HPN)
Source: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...s-weather.html
Extreme weather across the US. AA has a waiver for PHX due to record breaking temps.
They just rebooked me on an earlier flight into PHL. Hope I miss the weather. At least it gives me time to get in.
Quote: Extreme weather across the US. AA has a waiver for PHX due to record breaking temps.
Does extreme heat affect flight scheduling? Or is it just because many people will want to cancel their trips?
Quote: Does extreme heat affect flight scheduling? Or is it just because many people will want to cancel their trips?
It can effect max takeoff weight, thereby causing them to reduce passenger load.
Weather in ATL as well
Mild delays at ATL due to waves of rain, no lightning (yet). At the gate on the plane now, there were about 30 standbys waiting for seats.
Quote: Does extreme heat affect flight scheduling? Or is it just because many people will want to cancel their trips?
Also, hot air is less dense, so it decreases an aircraft's lift. This usually requires longer takeoff rolls, among other things.
Hmmm, I'm doing LAX-JFK redeye today and JFK-SFO tomorrow evening. I'll just stick around JFK tomorrow and work/attempt to SDC all day and play it by ear I guess. Fun!

Is it worth doing something like changing JFK-SFO to LGA-ATL-SFO or something with a short hop with lots of frequency up front to get out of the weather and give me a better chance to get to SFO at some point tomorrow?
Quote: Hmmm, I'm doing LAX-JFK redeye today and JFK-SFO tomorrow evening. I'll just stick around JFK tomorrow and work/attempt to SDC all day and play it by ear I guess. Fun!

Is it worth doing something like changing JFK-SFO to LGA-ATL-SFO or something with a short hop with lots of frequency up front to get out of the weather and give me a better chance to get to SFO at some point tomorrow?

i wouldn't. JFK-SFO gets fairly high priority, almost as good as intl.
​​​​
Quote: It can effect max takeoff weight, thereby causing them to
reduce passenger load.
Quote: Also, hot air is less dense, so it decreases an aircraft's lift. This usually requires longer takeoff rolls, among other things.
not sure how (if at all) flight deck automation has impacted this, but in the days when crews had to carry paper copies of the airplane flight manual and look up takeoff distances and speeds on the pages of performance curves, the data only went to 120 degrees F and could not be extrapolated for higher temps ... the pilots had to wait for the temp to drop before taking off
Quote: ​​​​not sure how (if at all) flight deck automation has impacted this, but in the days when crews had to carry paper copies of the airplane flight manual and look up takeoff distances and speeds on the pages of performance curves, the data only went to 120 degrees F and could not be extrapolated for higher temps ... the pilots had to wait for the temp to drop before taking off
Theres also issues with certain parts only being rated to certain temps. Ie tires. Finally i believe theres also the issue of heat stroke for employees. Just becomes to hot to work safely.
Significant delays into and out of BOS as well, every day for the past month and continuing on at least for this week...