Mugs in Club Europe

Subscribe
Sorry if this has already been posted but the white mugs in club Europe look like they could have been bought on the cheap in a particular Scandinavian shop. Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.
Oh you are discussing actual mugs. Will put back the popcorn.
Quote: Sorry if this has already been posted but the white mugs in club Europe look like they could have been bought on the cheap in a particular Scandinavian shop. Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.
I think they had to replace the old mugs because they now use much smaller trays and they wouldn't be able to fit everything on otherwise. That's my theory anyway!

I agree, the old ones were much nicer.
In terms of getting the job done the new mugs are much better.

They don't readily slop the drink all over your table at the slightest hint of chop.

They don't have an absurdly huge surface area which helps your drink go cold before you can finish it.

In terms of label caché, yeah, they haven't got that.
Why can't they use the physical design that they have now (which I agree is better), and put some nice branding/pictures on the outside? Cost of printing onto a mug is pennies, surely?
Quote: Definitely a down grade from the Royal Doulton cups previously.
Really? I prefer them as the beverage stays hotter longer than those squat tea cups.
Quote: Why can't they use the physical design that they have now (which I agree is better), and put some nice branding/pictures on the outside? Cost of printing onto a mug is pennies, surely?
how many mugs does BA have? It soon mounts up and a penny here and a penny there soon mounts up and pays Alex's bonus !
Well if you want premium Scandinavian mugs, fly Finnair, you drink out of Ittala mugs on their flights. I'm rather more concerned about the quality of what's offered inside the mugs in CE! Worst coffee ever!!
I much prefer the new mug
The new mugs are now used to standardise with the CW china.
Quote: The new mugs are now used to standardise with the CW china.
Talking of mugs, I quite miss yours.

Run and get me a G&T, there's a pet. Well walk anyway
What with your demands in the bedroom I'm getting a trifle tired.
Only on the BA board could there be a discussion regarding the size and quality of mugs on board 😂
Quote:
Mugs in Club Europe
Are you referring to the people that actually paid a hefty premium to fly in CE?
Quote: What with your demands in the bedroom I'm getting a trifle tired.
To be fair, eating trifle is about as exciting as it gets for her in the bedroom these days.