DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Subscribe
CMB-LAS one-way via HNL, U Class, DL ticket stock. Bookable only on Delta.com with a link generated by ITA Powertools. Slightly cheaper ($281) with shorter layovers.

Catweazle likes this.
HNL-LAS starts later in December if you want a slightly quicker trip with a minute loss of eqm.
I can't even begin to understand how you'd find this in the first place. Does Powertools search for a routing based primarily on CPM?
Quote: I can't even begin to understand how you'd find this in the first place. Does Powertools search for a routing based primarily on CPM?
Isn't this a OJ dump?
How can I pull this up myself? I have never used ITA Powertools.

I don't see a way to pull this up at http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Any chance that this is bookable beyond Nov/Dec? I have a one-way US to India now so this would be a good return.
Love it! I'm totally new to this hobby (and mad I missed the glory days), but I love finding weird opportunities. I need to learn power tools.

Does it work in reverse? Could match up with the Emirates MLE error fare back to the states. ��

Forgive me of this is a dumb question, but is there a way to book a fare like this through a bulk/consolidator in order to earn 50% miles (u fare), 100% mqm, and 10% mqd (20% of base miles)?
How did you even find this???

I was finally able to pull it up with Matrix and get it to Delta.

I had to pick the specific flights you did otherwise it booked higher.
Quote: How did you even find this???

I was finally able to pull it up with Matrix and get it to Delta.

I had to pick the specific flights you did otherwise it booked higher.
You need to be very specific with ITA. First you find the dates with $260 fare from CMB-LAS: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...017-12-24;tt=o

Then use Google Flights Multi-City to force the routing through HNL: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-LAXLAS0DL4449

Then build the itinerary in ITA as shown in the screenshot below.

Powertools aka "the userscript" is awesome but all it does is let you go from a specific flight result in an ITA search and click through directly to a booking page sort of like the "Book with ..." link in a Google Flights search result.

It's handy especially for booking itineraries that are difficult to replicate elsewhere, and definitely a useful tool for mileage runners/fare hackers, but by itself it does not help with searches.

FT thread (see wiki for basic info and installation instructions):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lh-lx-tk.html
Will DL honor this as it has an essentially useless embedded RT LAX-HNL? $260 to get from Sri Lanka to Nevada is amazing.
Thanks Ncben & Zorak
CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-MSP-BOS-AMS-CMB

$434.91 prices on Delta.com

1.53cpm for 28402 MQM
If only DL still awarded RDM and EQM based on miles flown instead of price paid...
Quote: If only DL still awarded RDM and EQM based on miles flown instead of price paid...
Delta awards MQM based on miles flown. This is a great status run.
Quote: How did you even find this???
I can't speak for how OP found this. It is indeed particularly beautiful as a status run.

However, I know a couple ways to sometimes shake similar things out in ITA. In the Advanced Routing area, start with an airline code (I'll use DL), and add a plus sign (DL+). This will give you just flights with one or more DL legs.

Then replace that DL+ with as many DLs as you see legs in the above for either the outbound (leaving the return with the DL+). 3 legs = DL DL DL. You'll get all 3-leg runs.

NOW - add just one more DL and see what happens. If there are any, you'll see 4-leg runs.

If you find 4-leg runs, try for 5s.

When you've maxed out on DLs and don't get any successful routings for outbound, back off to what works and do the same thing on the return side.

The other way is to force your flight over the main hubs, if they are way out of line with your origin and destination. ATL of course for Delta. So code something like "DL DL ATL DL DL" to try for a longer routing.

My all-time best (many years ago) is MSP-SLC-ATL-ORD and return the same way. Kinda a Zorro. MSP-ORD is under 500 miles, but my routing was a whole bunch more than that. The aces from that era were routing US mainland to US mainland via HNL. I missed that one. The airlines do now put in max miles on trips, so those two no longer work. But once in a while they miss one.

The above are simplified, but I thought might help your thinking and get you started. OP is way beyond what I've typed.

I think about it sort of like there being a straight string from A to B. If you push more string into the line, it has to go somewhere, so starts giving you a bend with longer legs, or even a zig-zag pattern. And if you keep pushing more string in you get more bends and zig-zags.

You do simply just have to try things at your computer. Sometimes they will work for one date, but not for another. Always hard to say.