DL: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS O/W $298, 16,257 miles, 1.7cpm

Subscribe
Quote: Delta awards MQM based on miles flown. This is a great status run.
You still need $3K for Silver, $6K for Gold etc unless you do it with segments.
Quote: You still need $3K for Silver, $6K for Gold etc unless you do it with segments.
Most people use the Amex spend waivers in lieu of Delta spend or segments. I used to, anyway. Now a free agent
Quote: You still need $3K for Silver, $6K for Gold etc unless you do it with segments.
Whether you earn Delta status based on segments or miles has nothing to do with the revenue (MQD) requirement. However, you can bypass the MQD requirement by spending $25,000 annually on a cobranded Amex or by having a residential address outside the US.
LOL. Brilliant find ncben and C W.
Quote: Powertools aka "the userscript" is awesome but all it does is let you go from a specific flight result in an ITA search and click through directly to a booking page sort of like the "Book with ..." link in a Google Flights search result.

It's handy especially for booking itineraries that are difficult to replicate elsewhere, and definitely a useful tool for mileage runners/fare hackers, but by itself it does not help with searches.

FT thread (see wiki for basic info and installation instructions):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lh-lx-tk.html
Gotcha. So basically the same as bookwithmatrix?

Thanks for that, I thought it was something else. 👍
I'm working on using this. I just need to get myself to CMB and since I already have a OW USA to Vietnam and was planning to go to India from there, getting to CMB might make this all work. Of course it isn't really a mileage run for me, rather real transportation.
I did an inexpensive jfk-ror on CI earlier this year for vacation. Flies d/e. Flight cost $950 r/t. Got 18.5k miles, 13.7k mqm, and $3700 mqd.

Seemed like a good alternative to me. I have two more booked this year.
Quote: Gotcha. So basically the same as bookwithmatrix?

Thanks for that, I thought it was something else. 👍
​​​​​It serves the same purpose, yes. (My understanding from the original BookWithMatrix announcement is that it's basically a front end on top of or otherwise derived from the userscript, which predates it by a couple years)
Just for fun:

CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-MSP-BOS-AMS-BOM-CMB
$434.91 prices on Delta.com
1.53cpm for 28414 MQM

CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-SLC-ORD-AMS-LHR-BOM-CMB
$474.87 prices on Delta.com
1.63cpm for 29122 MQM
Quote: Just for fun:

CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-MSP-BOS-AMS-BOM-CMB
1.53cpm for 28414 MQM

CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-SLC-ORD-AMS-LHR-BOM-CMB
$474.87 prices on Delta.com
1.63cpm for 29122 MQM
Brilliant! ^ Now can we find a way to stopover in LAX or NYC?
Quote: Brilliant! ^ Now can we find a way to stopover in LAX or NYC?
Routing through JFK is possible on the non-LHR routing with the same Matrix parameters.

The fare rules allow three free stopovers. I have not actually tried to generate those itineraries.
Quote: Routing through JFK is possible on the non-LHR routing with the same Matrix parameters.

The fare rules allow three free stopovers. I have not actually tried to generate those itineraries.
Amazing! Trying to find an nyc-cmb-nyc r/t I can stick this in the middle of.

FYI, Re: jfk, I can't get the stopovers to work anywhere but Vegas without bumping the price quite a bit.
Quote: CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-MSP-BOS-AMS-CMB

1.53cpm for 28402 MQM
This would be an incredible experience, but I think I would embark upon a status/mileage run to SIN for about the same number of MQMs and much less brutality. Plus, I don't even know how I'd position to do this.
Quote: This would be an incredible experience, but I think I would embark upon a status/mileage run to SIN for about the same number of MQMs and much less brutality. Plus, I don't even know how I'd position to do this.
I agree about the experience. I want to do it even more for all the flying than for the MQMs.

Personally since I'll be in London in December I'd take a one-way to CMB and then do the CMB-AMS-LAX-HNL-OGG-LAX-SAN-LAS-SLC-ORD-AMS-LHR-BOM-CMB for $474.87 and just hop off at LHR. Trying to tell myself how bad of idea it is to actually do this...
Quote: Amazing! Trying to find an nyc-cmb-nyc r/t I can stick this in the middle of.

FYI, Re: jfk, I can't get the stopovers to work anywhere but Vegas without bumping the price quite a bit.
That's too bad. I only tried LAS since that's where I'd want the stopover.

However, note that the prices Matrix displays are consistently and substantially higher than once you load it with Delta.