LHR haircut

Old May 29, 2017, 3:07 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
LHR haircut

PW Jr joins me on my once in a lifetime first class flight to Boston next week.

I've already booked us a complementary massage at Elemis.

He's just asked, randomly, do they provide a free haircut too?
Old May 29, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Nope! You would get a short back 'n' sides in the Virgin Clubhouse at T3 but not in the spa at T5
Old May 29, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

No haircuts I'm afraid.

Regards

TBS
Old May 29, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There is a hairdressers landside in arrivals at T5 (the same chain as the one in the Sofitel).
Old May 29, 2017, 3:20 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks. I might seek out a New England barbershop experience for him!
Old May 29, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Thanks. I might seek out a New England barbershop experience for him!
Can he sing?
Old May 29, 2017, 3:37 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
Can he sing?
Badly.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Badly.
Ouch!

I hope you both enjoy your trip. I've never been to Boston, but a close friend and their significant other may soon be relocating there, so I now have an invitation.

In terms of facilities at T5, one thing which did surprise me was the absence of a post office - or even a post box (I suspect there is the latter but I've not noticed one). In T3 there is a small post office opposite the entrance to fast track security.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
There is a hairdressers landside in arrivals at T5 (the same chain as the one in the Sofitel).
Indeed there is, roughly at the half way point between North and South. It's Bradley Smith, and he has a website here:

http://bradleysmithhair.com/

price list for T5
http://bradleysmithhair.com/wp-conte...3/Heathrow.png

I keep meaning to give it a go, when I'm on a lot of flight rotations getting a haircut is a bit of an issue for me, and it's a lot easier at German airports, where even small airports like Bremen have barbers, albeit at a price. In the past I've taking Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway or a bus to Feltham between flights.

[One huge advantage of living in the North East, haircuts come at 6, with a quid off for farmers!]
Old May 29, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by squawk
In terms of facilities at T5, one thing which did surprise me was the absence of a post office - or even a post box (I suspect there is the latter but I've not noticed one). In T3 there is a small post office opposite the entrance to fast track security.
Heathrow say there are postboxes before and after security at each terminal but I've never found them personally (ok, I've never looked very hard either). If you want a post office, you're going to T3 unfortunately (the only one at any Heathrow terminal).

I don't need them very often but when I do, I'm usually in a position of absolutely having to post something before I fly, which I suspect is fairly common among business travellers. It's not ideal but probably realistically in line with the demand for such...
Old May 29, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed there is, roughly at the half way point between North and South. It's Bradley Smith, and he has a website here:

http://bradleysmithhair.com/

price list for T5
http://bradleysmithhair.com/wp-conte...3/Heathrow.png

I keep meaning to give it a go, when I'm on a lot of flight rotations getting a haircut is a bit of an issue for me, and it's a lot easier at German airports, where even small airports like Bremen have barbers, albeit at a price. In the past I've taking Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway or a bus to Feltham between flights.

[One huge advantage of living in the North East, haircuts come at 6, with a quid off for farmers!]
Try Pontrfract.4 including beard trim
Old May 29, 2017, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are Royal Mail boxes all over T5. The one airside is on the lower departure level nearish Louis Vuitton (follow the red sign for HM Customs). Landside there are two boxes each side of Zone E, so to the left of South Security and to the right of North Security Main Entrance. For obvious security reasons the aperture is only a few millimetres wide, OK for letters but not for packages.

T3 Post Office is no longer run by the Royal Mail, but it is open on Sunday mornings as well as the rest of the week. It can be used for packages, Amazon pickups and for banking facilities. There are some post offices in the vicinity of Heathrow which are open 7 day a week and extended hours, essentially they are inside Co-Op stores. Note that the Left Baggage stores at LHR, LGW and Paddington (the people who store luggage at the airport) have some relationship with courier companies such that you can send packages and parcels using DHL and other operators. Not cheap but certainly convenient.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by apollo00
Heathrow say there are postboxes before and after security at each terminal but I've never found them personally (on, I've never looked very hard either). If you want a post office, you're going to T3 unfortunately (the only one at any Heathrow terminal).
In T2 Departures the postbox is on the upper level opposite Giraffe and WHSmith at the far left hand side as you exit Security.

In T3 your options are the post office (if it's open), or otherwise immediately after Security - before the duty free.

The post box in T5 Departures is adjacent to the large Travelex desk, just before Fortnum & Mason and Galleries South. Theres also one behind the checkin desks but I cannot for the life of me remember where!
Old May 29, 2017, 4:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dakaix
In T2 Departures the postbox is on the upper level opposite Giraffe and WHSmith at the far left hand side as you exit Security.

In T3 your options are the post office (if it's open), or otherwise immediately after Security - before the duty free.

The post box in T5 Departures is adjacent to the large Travelex desk, just before Fortnum & Mason and Galleries South. Theres also one behind the checkin desks but I cannot for the life of me remember where!
I walked past the one in the check in area in T5 the other day. It is up against the wall which runs across behind the desks. I think there is one near the traveled run VAT refund desks.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There are Royal Mail boxes all over T5. The one airside is on the lower departure level nearish Louis Vuitton (follow the red sign for HM Customs). Landside there are two boxes each side of Zone E, so to the left of South Security and to the right of North Security Main Entrance. For obvious security reasons the aperture is only a few millimetres wide, OK for letters but not for packages.

T3 Post Office is no longer run by the Royal Mail, but it is open on Sunday mornings as well as the rest of the week. It can be used for packages, Amazon pickups and for banking facilities. There are some post offices in the vicinity of Heathrow which are open 7 day a week and extended hours, essentially they are inside Co-Op stores. Note that the Left Baggage stores at LHR, LGW and Paddington (the people who store luggage at the airport) have some relationship with courier companies such that you can send packages and parcels using DHL and other operators. Not cheap but certainly convenient.
That's helpful info, many thanks, I did not know about the Left Baggage people being able to DHL stuff, that's a far more convenient bet than a trip to T3 to post things...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.