Wiki Posts
Search

First class preference A320

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
First class preference A320

I am open to people's suggestions on where to sit in first class. Is row 1 more spacious and is there a dedicated space to store luggage? I'm traveling within California alone and also one way from Boston to San Francisco with my partner in October on some P fares and would really like to get the most out of the investment in dollars and miles for this upcoming trip. Thank you
Old May 26, 2017, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Either row would be fine. I don't think row 1 is more spacious. More people prefer row 2 because of the underseat storage.

There is not a bad choice.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
[QUOTE=dayone;28364855]Either row would be fine. I don't think row 1 is more spacious. More people prefer row 2 because of the underseat storage.

Thank You!!
Old May 27, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Row 2, hands down.

It feels more spacious, although I don't have actual seat specs to back this up. it may have more to do with the bulkhead and its view than anything else.

It may also have an effect upon your meal selections (for your BOS-SFO), but that all depends upon direction and elites in the cabin, as I've also had this problem in Row 1.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dayone
Either row would be fine. I don't think row 1 is more spacious. More people prefer row 2 because of the underseat storage.

Agreed, except even row 2 has limited storage space, and most FAs will have you put things up in the bin.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 320 I was on LAS-SFO the other day I was in 2A. I just have a backpack and was going to put it under the seat in front of me. There is a bar that goes across the opening under the seat and there was no way my backpack was going in that space. Maybe a flat purse or briefcase not more than about 4 inches thick would go.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I've never had an issue w/overhead storage space availability in F. Not once.

Take row 2, it just feels better and I've done both rows many times.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I've never had an issue w/overhead storage space availability in F. Not once.
And that is the truth. VX FAs have historically done an excellent job of guarding the F bins, and given the density of the F cabina, it generally wouldn't be a problem anyway.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by dayone

This. The only word I have for the seat pitch in VX F is "absurd". Tons of space in both rows, and never a bin issue.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Either riw is excellent! IMHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.