Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Tier Points at end of collection year - can I get them back??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: oneworld

I flew Qatar to NZ (LHR -> AKL) earlier this year and earned 300 Tier points but unfortunately my tier point collection year ended a couple of days after the points were awarded.
The flight was on 29th March and the points awarded on 3rd April and my collection year ended on 8th April. Do BA ever grant any grace on this with reawarding them? I'm 230 points shy of Silver so keen to see if I can do anything.

Thanks,

Nick
Old May 26, 2017, 5:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Nope. There is a two week grace period for status but you are well past that now.

They still remain for lifetime TP purposes.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What do you mean by 'reawarding them'?

You earned them in your old year and there they will stay.

BA will not move them in to your new year for you - if that is really what you are asking.

Even if they had posted after the 9th of April they would still count to your old year.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; May 26, 2017 at 6:13 am
Old May 26, 2017, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ah apologies only noticed this was your first post so let me add a welcome to my above answer. There is lots of information in the stickies and guide on here so make full use of them.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: oneworld
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah apologies only noticed this was your first post so let me add a welcome to my above answer. There is lots of information in the stickies and guide on here so make full use of them.
Thank you for the welcome and response! I suspected they wouldn't be able to do anything but thought I would ask more learned people on the matter! I guess I had better get back to collecting in that case.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It is very annoying when you fly close to the end of the TP year. I flew in J LHR - BOS in April last year and my trip was just a week before the start of a new TP year. I would be on silver now if I could have delayed my trip a couple of weeks as I have flown several trips since.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Same thing happened to my mum.. half her F trip to Oz was in last year and half in this year! Bronze she will stay! Doesnt matter too much for her as she rarely travels nowadays.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Yeah, the lack of flexibility on this is a pain, but we all have to live with it. A few years back I had a flight LHR-BKK-SYD on the day before my TP year ended, and I had already re-qualified for gold the previous year. The next year I was some 70 TP short of gold, and was regretting not having delayed my travel by a day (which is insane if you think about it; changing firm and necessary travel plans should not be something to even consider just to make status!). C'est la vie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.