Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BOS - LHR - Can you have dinner in the lounge and try food on-board (club world)?

BOS - LHR - Can you have dinner in the lounge and try food on-board (club world)?

Old May 25, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hello,

I'm sure this will make we sound incredibly greedy... but honestly I'm just curious as the new BA lounge in Boston looks great!

I'm flying back out of Boston on Saturday (7:20pm flight) in club world and as this will be my first experience of the new lounge I was wondering if you're able to have dinner in the lounge (or at least try a little bit of the food from the dining room) but then still eat on-board? The website says that they offer 3 courses.

If the answer is yes I promise not to over do it.. as I will then be in Club Europe with a champagne breakfast back home to Edinburgh 😂
Old May 25, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robshaw236
Hello,

I'm sure this will make we sound incredibly greedy... but honestly I'm just curious as the new BA lounge in Boston looks great!

I'm flying back out of Boston on Saturday (7:20pm flight) in club world and as this will be my first experience of the new lounge I was wondering if you're able to have dinner in the lounge (or at least try a little bit of the food from the dining room) but then still eat on-board? The website says that they offer 3 courses.

If the answer is yes I promise not to over do it.. as I will then be in Club Europe with a champagne breakfast back home to Edinburgh 😂
You can eat in the lounge and on the plane.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
You can eat in the lounge and on the plane.
Not sure why you'd want to do that (or even either separately), but you can definitely do that.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pickles
Not sure why you'd want to do that (or even either separately), but you can definitely do that.
I was answering OP's question.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I was answering OP's question.
Thank you!

I'm going to be at the airport about 4 hours before departure so it's good to know that I have the option of eating in the lounge before boarding and enjoying something on-board later.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
it might be a sleeper service so a less full meal on board but there's nothing from stopping you eating as much as you want in the lounge and same again on the plane - there's no 'either / or' nor are the marking anything against your name once you've eaten.

I am prone to eat double portions in the CCR and eat again on board.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I am given to drinking too much in the lounge and falling prone on board!
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I am given to drinking too much in the lounge and falling prone on board!
hahaha.

my choice of drink is water, green tea and diet coke only - so I don't have that issue....
Old May 26, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
it might be a sleeper service so a less full meal on board but there's nothing from stopping you eating as much as you want in the lounge and same again on the plane - there's no 'either / or' nor are the marking anything against your name once you've eaten.

Yes but you are slim enough to get away with it^
Old May 26, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by Robshaw236
Hello,

The new BOS lounge is lovely, but a la carte dining is F only. J does have an extensive buffet to choose from, with plenty of hot and cold dishes, including starters, mains and deserts.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Fill your boots.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Fill your boots.
just don't take this comment too literally, even if filling up in the lounge before a BOB flight...
Old May 26, 2017, 5:42 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:22 am
Old May 26, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
There must be a word or phrase for someone who is thinking of eating 2 lots of BA food by choice......

As I do not know the OP from Adam, I guess it would be unfair to say, "Mad"..
Old May 26, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
There must be a word or phrase for someone who is thinking of eating 2 lots of BA food by choice......

As I do not know the OP from Adam, I guess it would be unfair to say, "Mad"..
And yet it didn't stop you from saying it.

RobShaw236, enjoy your flights and bon appetit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.