Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate the new [spg.com] search results page

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I hate the new [spg.com] search results page

The new page is difficult to read, and puts the most expensive rates first. Who could have possibly thought this was a good idea?
Old May 25, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The new page is difficult to read, and puts the most expensive rates first. Who could have possibly thought this was a good idea?
What "new" results page are you talking about?

The results page I see has been the same for years. You can sort and change the way you view rates with a click or two.

Can you take a screen shot of what you're having issues with to ensure we're speaking of the same thing?
Old May 25, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by KENNECTED

The results page I see has been the same for years. You can sort and change the way you view rates with a click or two.
I'm referring to the next page after you select a hotel rate.

Old May 25, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Agreed. It's awful.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:45 pm

gotta "uncheck" the "View suites & premium room" bar to get it back to normal - ish
Old May 25, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I agree...not a fan at all. Very odd layout.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myko85
gotta "uncheck" the "View suites & premium room" bar to get it back to normal - ish
Even after clicking that (which you have to do for every search, making it akin to a reprehensible opt-out program), the page is still very poorly organized and more difficult to get the same information that used to be right there.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:53 pm

+1
Old May 25, 2017, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
A somewhat-related non sequitur, but I'm annoyed that Starwood did away with their comprehensive list of all properties on their master directory pages and have now lumped everything by country. I used to love being able to see all the properties by scrolling through the list, but this new layout is a total bane. At least the mobile sites haven't been altered but a big pity about the usability of their desktop site.

khabah
Old May 26, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Throwing my 2 cents into the search tool bucket as well. I dislike how you cannot set parameters around distance - for example, if I'm looking for a hotel in Boston, I should be able to specify that I want to be within X miles. It grinds my gears that a hotel at the PVD airport shows up!
Old May 26, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KENNECTED

Can you take a screen shot of what you're having issues with to ensure we're speaking of the same thing?
It changed to "extra tall" for results display at some point in the past 6 months...used to be able to see a lot more hotel properties on each page. I typically search by rate and not detail but agree this new one is annoying.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Even after clicking that (which you have to do for every search, making it akin to a reprehensible opt-out program), the page is still very poorly organized and more difficult to get the same information that used to be right there.
I'm not a fan of the new layout either - it is not a concise display - but I recognize their (property + Starwood) interest in selling the best rooms, not just the base category rooms. It is a business strategy decision.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:06 am

Agreed. I also hate the new page for searching locations for award nights. I really liked the old way it came up.........now it is pieces and I find it takes me longer.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm annoyed they took away the option to search for a breakfast rate!

Surely, they must run these changes by a focus group before implementing them!!! Then again, maybe not.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Surely, they must run these changes by a focus group before implementing them!!! Then again, maybe not.
Most companies these days don't take the time and just spring their changes on the public for testing. They've all taken a page from Microsoft.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I'm not a fan of the new layout either - it is not a concise display - but I recognize their (property + Starwood) interest in selling the best rooms, not just the base category rooms. It is a business strategy decision.
Targeting the 1% of people who book suites and abandoning 99% of your customer base is not a good business decision. Imagine if airlines sold seats from the top buckets down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.