CCR: Leaving LHR in J, returning in F.

Old May 25, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
CCR: Leaving LHR in J, returning in F.

Quick question, which I couldn't clear up immediately reading the BA website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../lounge-access

If I have a return ticket which is LHR->somewhere in J, and returning->LHR in F, can I get access to the CCR on the outbound leg?
Old May 25, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
You're only flying J, you have to be flying F
Old May 25, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jerub
Quick question, which I couldn't clear up immediately reading the BA website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../lounge-access

If I have a return ticket which is LHR->somewhere in J, and returning->LHR in F, can I get access to the CCR on the outbound leg?
No
Old May 25, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, you need to be travelling that day in or outbound in F or have a CCR card
Old May 25, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA silver, Flying Blue gold, Marriott titanium
I know it is not strictly allowed, but...

I had the exact same ticket at Christmas, and asked nicely at check-in at the First area (I'm BA gold). The check in person asked a gentleman milling around the area who seemed in charge. He thought for a second, and said "I don't see why not" and scribbled something on our J boarding cards. Got us in, although I know not to expect it ever again.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
as long as the F ticket is same day, yes. which isn't going to be possible often but a DME or TLV or so might allow F travel on same day as the J outbound.

otherwise no. unless someone guests you or you charm your way in.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by chris1979
as long as the F ticket is same day, yes. which isn't going to be possible often but a DME or TLV or so might allow F travel on same day as the J outbound.
Oooh technically correct. Show off
Old May 25, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Oooh technically correct. Show off
oh hello!
Old May 26, 2017, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
but a DME or TLV or so might allow F travel on same day as the J outbound.
And there's many more destinations like this - I regularly do same-day turns in the US, and the wonders of Global Entry and friendly station managers means this is often now the same plane
Old May 26, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by 710 77345
And there's many more destinations like this - I regularly do same-day turns in the US, and the wonders of Global Entry and friendly station managers means this is often now the same plane
most westbound flights from LHR would allow a same day return (excluding the very late flights to JFK/BOS that then operate a morning return)

In F/J it would be an expensive TP run!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.