Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are overlapping stays a problem for crediting?

Old May 22, 2017, 8:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

I have a three night stay upcoming followed immediately by a three night stay at another Hyatt.

As I have a Citi prestige card, I can book 4 nights, and get the 4th night free, so I'm tempted to book the 4 nights in my first stay so that I can credit 4 nights instead of 3.

However on that 4th night, I will also be staying in another Hyatt hotel which I hope to credit. I assume that this will raise a flag in their system and I probably won't get the credit for one of the nights or one of the stays?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The system should ignore the overlapping night (just for night credit), otherwise no problem.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

So I won't achieve my aim of getting an extra nights credit?
Old May 23, 2017, 12:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Probably not.... in the past people who had a valid reason to stay at 2 properties for an identical night have gotten a manual credit. But that was when WOH was actually a decent program.

Nothing stops you from trying though.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:23 am

You may be able to get extra points for the stay. Worth a shot since it won't cost you anything
Old May 23, 2017, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Free night = no points.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:32 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RTW1
Free night = no points.
For Citi prestige you pay for the 4th night first, and then the credit card credits you back the 4th night. So from Hyatt's perspective, it's a normal paid night.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Aha.... then there seems to be no downside if the rates are the same.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
So I won't achieve my aim of getting an extra nights credit?
Correct. I've read in the past of where someone initially gets the night credit and then loses it when a random audit is done.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I don't think you will get credit. Mrs. Smallest State and I went to HR San Francisco on a Thursday to Monday run. I had a work commitment on the Friday, we stayed and looked around SF Saturday and most of Sunday. Well Sunday night I flew to DFW for a Monday meeting there. She stayed in the HR SF until her flight the next day and I checked into the DFW HR.

I didn't get overlapping points and it took two calls to Gold Passport to ensure I did.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I've done this same scenario a few times.

* I've always gotten the points from the overlapping night.
* I've never gotten the night credit.

When booking my explanation has always been "I have a later flight and want access to the room after the checkout time, but still want to check into my hotel in the next city that night".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.