Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did Delta forget to put Delta One Lavs on 767-400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 12:38 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

I ended up in a closet up front....
Old May 22, 2017, 1:35 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
mods: please merge with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ain-about.html
Old May 22, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I remember once a Captain came out and explained why we might find a lav locked (D1 on 764) "on a 400 the lavs are always behind you" -- and so they might lock one so that when a pilot came for a break (so they wouldn't have to wait).
Old May 22, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SSF556
I ended up in a closet up front....
Funny. Family relative had a similar incident when they were 5 or 6. Lets just say no one wanted to go in the closest for a bit. They woke up middle of the night, in new house walked to bathroom in parents room, and half asleep thought they made it. Instead turned one door too soon. Half asleep walked to where the toilet would've been. The rest is history.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I remember once a Captain came out and explained why we might find a lav locked (D1 on 764) "on a 400 the lavs are always behind you" -- and so they might lock one so that when a pilot came for a break (so they wouldn't have to wait).
If crew lock an aircraft lavatory in order to reserve it for their own use, please report this to DL. It's not acceptable. A couple years ago folks were reporting this happening on the A330 TATL flights.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If crew lock an aircraft lavatory in order to reserve it for their own use, please report this to DL. It's not acceptable. A couple years ago folks were reporting this happening on the A330 TATL flights.
No, it was locked about 5 minutes (well, plus the time the pilot was in it )
Old May 22, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Most of us know how to lift the cover and unlock it from the outside!
Old May 22, 2017, 1:58 pm

It happened on my flight to Madrid in March. it was locked for the crew and Mrs "I am the pilot's wife"

Nice thing about having wifi on an international flight, my complaint was lodged within minutes! (I did get some skymiles as an apology. I am just hoping the pilot got told that his "entitled" wife needs to play by the rules!

(And yes I did unlock it, much to the dismay of "I am the pilot's wife" )
Old May 22, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Funny. Family relative had a similar incident when they were 5 or 6. Lets just say no one wanted to go in the closest for a bit. They woke up middle of the night, in new house walked to bathroom in parents room, and half asleep thought they made it. Instead turned one door too soon. Half asleep walked to where the toilet would've been. The rest is history.
First night in a new house several years ago, the layout of the master bedroom was similar except the walk in closet and bathroom doors were flipped. 3AM call of nature and the only thing keeping me from a carpet cleaning bill was when I groggily reached for the toilet seat and fell forward into hanging clothes.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
The only time I've seen anything like that, it was on AF TATL 777 last year the lav closest to the cockpit was reserved for crew only. It was true both directions so I assume that must be AF policy. I've never seen it on any other flights.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The newer design of the A330 with the gate that can close for pilot use seems like the ideal solution.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by anon2k2
The only time I've seen anything like that, it was on AF TATL 777 last year the lav closest to the cockpit was reserved for crew only. It was true both directions so I assume that must be AF policy. I've never seen it on any other flights.
Many airlines have crew lavs, but they are usually placarded as such and in off limit areas of the aircraft (just behind the cockpit door opposite the flight crew rest, in the back near the galley where the cabin crew comes out from their rest area etc).
Old May 23, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The newer design of the A330 with the gate that can close for pilot use seems like the ideal solution.
Except if you get a flight where they keep the gate locked for several hours at a time.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:20 am

It's procedure for a LAV to be locked out before a crew member leaves the cockpit to use one. To do otherwise could cause a long delay before the pilot can return to the cockpit. As for the pilots wife complaint I have no idea what that would be about. Why would she simply not go use the lav. Makes no sense.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anon2k2
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Many airlines have crew lavs, but they are usually placarded as such and in off limit areas of the aircraft (just behind the cockpit door opposite the flight crew rest, in the back near the galley where the cabin crew comes out from their rest area etc).
Yes, that's AF "policy", the front lav is behind a curtain marked "Crew only" or something similar. The other lav is for the 4 (max) first class passengers. Reportedly they may allow you to use the crew lav, particularly if the other one is occupied for a bit (e.g., changing clothes prior to landing), but it actually was never an issue on my one flight (with 3 pax). (Swiss FC, OTOH, has only 1 lav for up to 8 pax, which is terrible).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.