Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australia Award Availability.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Australia Award Availability.

Trying to find award flights HKG-MEL. Nothing in the entire month of July for either One World or Star Alliance. Is July a holiday month in OZ, school breaks; or is this a holiday month for Asia. I ask this because there is almost nothing from SE/NE Asia to entire Australia award wise in Y/J/F. The only city pair I found was HKG-PER, with an inconvenient routing there, plus an added ticket to get to MEL.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Using UA points, I can only see 4 days in July when flights are available (3 via BKK, one via NZ). June and August have availability on most days.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I see plenty of award availability in July. About half the days have availability for QF30 HKG-MEL. Some only in Y, others in J as well.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I see plenty of award availability in July. About half the days have availability for QF30 HKG-MEL. Some only in Y, others in J as well.
What search engine did you use? QF's? I don't have QF miles. I have BA and AA miles. BA will display QF flights, but there's nothing in July. AA doesn't display QF flights. I do have a QF FF account and use their award search and then call AA or BA to see if they can see it. Thank you.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by loopflyer
What search engine did you use? QF's? I don't have QF miles. I have BA and AA miles. BA will display QF flights, but there's nothing in July. AA doesn't display QF flights. I do have a QF FF account and use their award search and then call AA or BA to see if they can see it. Thank you.
AA.com displays QF award flights.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Top of climb
AA.com displays QF award flights.
Though it appears to be cached, and refreshed quite infrequently.

Might be worth a call to AA or BA and asking them to search the live availability, especially as DownUnderFlyer has confirmed that it is available.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
In my experience i've always called the qantas FF booking line for award bookings.

They usually see a lot more than I could ever get on the website
Old May 22, 2017, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The 1st half of July does have school holidays in New South Wales and Victoria, with the schools returning on the 18th July

ba.com is showing SYD-MEL on QF in economy on 4th, 6th and 7th , CX HKG-MEL in Premium Economy on the 5th and CX HKG-MEL in economy on the 3rd

Last edited by Dave Noble; May 22, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I am only seeing availability similar to what BA is providing , with last date of business availability being 27 June
Old May 22, 2017, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I'm looking to fly HKG-MEL on 9 or 10 July. On the Avianca LifeMiles, UA Mileage Plus, and BA the only flight awards available in the entire month of July for the past two weeks I've been looking is HKG to Perth, either on Malaysia or Thai. But I don't want to go to Perth as the schedule is very inconvenient but it might be the only option award wise to get onto the Continent of Australia from the entire N/NE/SE Asia for my travel period. I will telephone Qantas to see what they show and then ring AA to see if they can book anything for me. QF has multiple HKG flights to MEL non-stop (the optimum), BNE, SYD. Hope for the best as something could open up in the next two weeks. But you have to look multiple times per day to see if something pops up as it could disappear just as quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.