Wiki Posts
Search

Does Delta close the curtain?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Does Delta close the curtain?

Just on DL2859 in 5B watching Y pax traipsing to the front because the curtain isn't closed...

Is this normal? Are 737 front lavetories shared? (I really do not have a lot of DL experience so this is not cynical or sarcastic)
Old May 22, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: DL PM
In my experience, usually they do close the curtain after reaching crushing altitude, though sometimes they wait until after beverage service (if the cart is blocking the aisle, only reasonably accessible Lavs for passengers seated in front of the cart's current location are those in the front of the plane). They typically leave the seatbelt sign on during service though, so number of pax getting up is small.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:34 am
Original Poster

I am 2.5hrs into flight. Do they close the curtain?

Red-eye so I don't really want to flash pic the cabin...
Old May 22, 2017, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Ok just flashed the redeyers... This is roughly 01:30 depart time, depart being 23:08 prior day...
Attached Images  
Old May 22, 2017, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
In my experience MAYBE 10% of the time do they close the curtain.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

I've had four cabin crew wander by to mess around in the closet behind 5C/D (this is a 737 900ER according to the safety card). Five visits so far on a red-eye. (I didn't need the sleep so this is all ibteresting after 8 Woodfords onboard, 2 macallans and 8 curry sarks ground)

Maybe I don't know what I'm seeing . But I am trying to decide where to throw $5m in spend next year...
Old May 22, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
The curtain is very thin- I've never understood the point of closing it.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melodsal
The curtain is very thin- I've never understood the point of closing it.
Along with the announcements, it says the following: "DON'T PEE PEE IN MY CABIN."

As neanderthal or canine as it may be, it's clear. If you have to push some see through mesh aside after being told not to, you are breaking some rule. The see through part, fine, that's DL marketing... Look at my sexy Woodford reserve or whatever, but still... DON'T PEE IN MY CABIN!!!

That might be the point. Not that I care booking T-90m for my flights...
Old May 22, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Normally I only see the curtain closed on international flights where it is a real business cabin, or for domestic premium D1 routes such as LAX-JFK.
Very rarely do I see the curtain used in a standard domestic F cabin.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I really don't care where people want to go to bathroom. The 757 was so nice because of the bathrooms in middle. 737 only has them in front or back, so that's why. With beverage cart in the aisle your only choice is up front.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bretthexum
I really don't care where people want to go to bathroom. The 757 was so nice because of the bathrooms in middle. 737 only has them in front or back, so that's why. With beverage cart in the aisle your only choice is up front.
Agreed, and the A321 has the same problem. While there is a bathroom mid-coach, it was nice having it in the front of coach.

Realistically, it's a tough ask for someone in Row 10 to go to the aft restroom when the cart is in the aisle.

The 757 for so many reasons is best single-aisle aircraft DL has (even with the new smaller F cabin.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by appleguru
In my experience, usually they do close the curtain after reaching crushing altitude, though sometimes they wait until after beverage service (if the cart is blocking the aisle, only reasonably accessible Lavs for passengers seated in front of the cart's current location are those in the front of the plane). They typically leave the seatbelt sign on during service though, so number of pax getting up is small.
".....crushing altitude..." Wow! Nobody would need to worry about using the forward lav if that were the case. : >)
Old May 22, 2017, 7:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Closed yesterday on an A320.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:58 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Ok just flashed the redeyers... This is roughly 01:30 depart time, depart being 23:08 prior day...
good lord, you took a flash picture 2.5 hours into a red eye for... what? Like we didn't believe you and we actually NEEDED photographic evidence of this crime against humanity???

It's funny how the bathroom police in F who are so worried about the unwashed masses in Y turn out to be the actual jerks.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Even when they do close it a lot of people in economy ignore it and just pass through it anyway and come up front.

I was on a flight recently and the FA made the announcement as to where the lavs were and said the front lav was reserved for passengers seated in first and economy comfort.

Only time that it really bothers me when someone comes up from Y are redeyes when I am in an aisle row trying to sleep and the passengers bump into me or if am in row 1 or 2 of First trying to sleep or during a meal service and there are people lined up to use the lav, I wish the FA's wouldn't allow people to congregate for the restroom (regardless of if they are in first or coach).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.