ORD-TXL check-in

Subscribe
Hello all,

I have a flight from ORD-TXL, but will be flying in from my US home city to ORD on a separate PNR. I am hoping to stay airside, since I will only have hand luggage. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, and that I will need to do a counter check in for the international flight? What minimum connection time would you allow in ORD for this situation?

Much thanks for the advice!
AB now uses T5 at ORD which is not reachable airside from any other terminal. You'll need to exit the terminal, collect any bags (unless you were able to get them through-checked - unlikely considering recent OW and AA policy) and get on the train to T5. The journey isn't long but you'll then need to pass back through TSA. The only exception for airside T3 (AA) to T5 (AB & others) transfers is the shuttle bus but this is exclusively for BA pax and I don't believe AB have made any arrangement to use it so you're stuck with a landside transfer
Thank you
Thank you for the great information. It does appear that T5 is being used for both arrivals and departures now. Will make the transfer just that much more fun, rather than staying in Terminal 3.

Much appreciated!

Quote: AB now uses T5 at ORD which is not reachable airside from any other terminal. You'll need to exit the terminal, collect any bags (unless you were able to get them through-checked - unlikely considering recent OW and AA policy) and get on the train to T5. The journey isn't long but you'll then need to pass back through TSA. The only exception for airside T3 (AA) to T5 (AB & others) transfers is the shuttle bus but this is exclusively for BA pax and I don't believe AB have made any arrangement to use it so you're stuck with a landside transfer
Thanks for this useful information. I flew to txl a couple of ytears ago and was checked in at t3, going in August again and would g ave gone to t3