Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking two guests [plus 2 y/o] to Concorde room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, KLM Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Platinium

Hi I'm travelling in F tomorrow to LAX and am also CCR holder. Do you know if I can bring two guests into the Concorde room or do I need to go to the gold lounge?

Also my brother and his wife are traveling with their 2 years old son, does he count as guest???

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
A two year old counts as a guest.

You can can only bring one guest into the CCR.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Yes to the first, see this for the "two guests for GGL flying F" policy:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html

Technically, the child is a third guest. I have seen exceptions applied, especially in outstations, never in the CCR.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:58 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by paul4040
A two year old counts as a guest.

You can can only bring one guest into the CCR.
A GGL in First gets two guests into the CCR?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Alex3fr
Hi I'm travelling in F tomorrow to LAX and am also CCR holder. Do you know if I can bring two guests into the Concorde room or do I need to go to the gold lounge?

Also my brother and his wife are traveling with their 2 years old son, does he count as guest???
So, are you really asking whether you can take three guests into the Concorde Room?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Misco60
So, are you really asking whether you can take three guests into the Concorde Room?
based on what im reading you might be correct..

Damn, ill give it a go, if it fails ill try the gold...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Sorry OP i'm afraid not in this instance, CCR is unlikely to make an exception. GF will welcome you all in however. Are they travelling with you in seperate class? At least you can invite one at a time up for a drink.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by navylad
Sorry OP i'm afraid not in this instance, CCR is unlikely to make an exception. GF will welcome you all in however. Are they travelling with you in seperate class? At least you can invite one at a time up for a drink.
If the CCR won't let the OP in (I expect they will tbh) then GF won't do either unless another member of the party is a GCH. A GGL in F doesn't get 3 guests into any lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:11 am

Yes, my money's on they will let them in to the CCR. It would be quite rigorous to deny entry just for a 2 year old. OP please report back and let us know how you got on. Good luck.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
It never hurts to ask nicely, and prepare to walk away with a smile and a shrug if the answer is 'no'. Given you're a CCR card holder and travelling in first, I'd be surprised if they turned you away though!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by peck
It never hurts to ask nicely, and prepare to walk away with a smile and a shrug if the answer is 'no'. Given you're a CCR card holder and travelling in first, I'd be surprised if they turned you away though!
That was my thought too, but better be prepared for a polite 'no, especially if the CCR is busy.

If so, as the 2 year old will not appreciate the LPGS, he will have to wait outside.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
That was my thought too, but better be prepared for a polite 'no, especially if the CCR is busy.

If so, as the 2 year old will not appreciate the LPGS, he will have to wait outside.
the joy of traveling with kids

He is already traveling in WT+ haha

ill give you an update
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by andset1191
A GGL in First gets two guests into the CCR?
Apologies, I hadn't twigged he was a GGL.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by paul4040
Apologies, I hadn't twigged he was a GGL.
My understanding is that being GGL makes no difference, it is having a CCR card that makes the difference.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rubecula
My understanding is that being GGL makes no difference, it is having a CCR card that makes the difference.
Your understanding would not be correct. It is the GGL+F combination which allows 2 guests in the CCR, a CCR+F combination would only give one guest.

In practical terms it is of course very likely that a CCR holder would be a GGL, but there certainly were some CCR holders (and probably still are some) that are not GGLs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.