Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors “Go More Get More” Promo Launches May 1

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:45 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

It’s that time – we’ve got another rich and exciting promotion coming your way. Starting May 1 and running through the end of August, Hilton Honors members can earn Double Bonus Points on all eligible stays. And to show our appreciation for our Diamond Members, Hilton Honors Diamond Members will earn Triple Bonus Points on all eligible stays. Offer details are listed below:
• Earn Double Points per stay…or Triple Points per stay as a Diamond member.
• Bonus is based on member’s tier at the time of checkout.
• Stay window May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017.
• Offer available at over 4,900 hotels worldwide.
• Register here.
As always, happy to take your questions/comments - keep me posted!

Thank you!
Lauren

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Apr 25, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

It’s that time – we’ve got another rich and exciting promotion coming your way. Starting May 1 and running through the end of August, Hilton Honors members can earn Double Bonus Points on all eligible stays. And to show our appreciation for our Diamond Members, Hilton Honors Diamond Members will earn Triple Bonus Points on all eligible stays. Offer details are listed below:
Booking and stay window May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017.
• Register here.

Thank you!
Lauren
Thanks for the announcement, Lauren!

Does the portion I highlighted in red above mean that stays booked (this week) after registering but before May 1 won't count, even if the stay is after May 1?

The T&Cs at the link you gave:
Offer valid May 1, 2017, through August 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/BonusPromotion prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Points per stay during the Promotion Period, or Triple Points per stay during the promotion period as a Diamond member. The Double Points or Triple Points bonus will be based on tier at time of checkout. Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.
make no mention of a booking window, only a need to register before the stay.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 25, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Seems like Lauren edited her post to remove the "booking" requirement ^

Edit: After registering through the provided link, the FAQ link will not work for me with IE or Safari.....

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; Apr 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm Reason: Added "page not found" on FAQ
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:03 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks for the announcement, Lauren!

Does the portion I highlighted in red above mean that stays booked (this week) after registering but before May 1 won't count, even if the stay is after May 1?

The T&Cs at the link you gave:
Offer valid May 1, 2017, through August 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/BonusPromotion prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Points per stay during the Promotion Period, or Triple Points per stay during the promotion period as a Diamond member. The Double Points or Triple Points bonus will be based on tier at time of checkout. Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.
make no mention of a booking window, only a need to register before the stay.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Sorry for any confusion. I've updated the post. You can register for the promotion any time and you can book your stay any time. You just need to be registered in order to participate in the promotion starting May 1.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Sounds great to me.

And hopefully you will get bonus points here from the naysayers by announcing this prior to the start of the month the promotion starts in!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Great promo! Appreciate the extra diamond love.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Sorry for any confusion. I've updated the post. You can register for the promotion any time and you can book your stay any time. You just need to be registered in order to participate in the promotion starting May 1.

Thanks!
Lauren
Great news! Thanks for clarifying this and for posting this promotion!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Well no "special treatment" for us lowly golds
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thank you, Lauren, I know I'm usually skeptical but this sounds great and I'm so happy you announced it sooner rather than later! I know it's almost a cliché but it's true - I've been double booked with Hilton and Marriott/spg for a while waiting for this and I'm now going to be almost 100% Hilton this summer.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:34 pm

Looks good. Will definitely be swinging some stays over to Hilton for the extra points.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Hi all,

• Stay window May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017.
• Register here.

Thank you!
Lauren
Lauren when it says Diamonds earn triple bonus points, does that mean the extra pts earned is the extra pts we get for our status eg Diamonds get a50% bonus so its 3x on that or is it 3x on base pts earned?

You said in 1 place Bonus points and in the 2nd place earn Double or Triple points per stay

If its 3x on the 50% bonus points that equals fora Diamond as if its Double base points (of 10x per $1) for some that may be better then the 2k going on now, for alot it means alot less points
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Lauren when it says Diamonds earn triple bonus points, does that mean the extra pts earned is the extra pts we get for our status eg Diamonds get a50% bonus so its 3x on that or is it 3x on base pts earned?

You said in 1 place Bonus points and in the 2nd place earn Double or Triple points per stay

If its 3x on the 50% bonus points that equals fora Diamond as if its Double base points (of 10x per $1) for some that may be better then the 2k going on now, for alot it means alot less points
Double / Triple points promos had always referred to the base points, I doubt it is talking about the Elite multiplier (I hope)

That said, promos are not meant to be the "same" nor are they intended to always get better and better. That will only lead to "inflation" which I am just wondering when that will happen. Probably why they remove the award categories... Reminds me of Delta.

Still, promos will always benefit some group (or situation) more than others. Over the years, there were many various promos e.g. 5,000 points per stay, 2,000 points per night, Double points for x nights, Triple for y nights, Double points for all stays, Double points for all stays and Triple for Diamonds for all stays, Double points for weekends etc.

The current-soon to end promo (2,000 per night) works "best" for anyone with a cheap rate. The latest works best for Diamonds on expensive stays (e.g. USD 350 rate = extra 7,000 for a Diamond member vs 2,000 currently).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What about points stays with room charges, and Cash & Points rates?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Great promo and quite pleased to see no gap in promotion as the month turns too.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
I have a stay at the Hilton Kensington in London from 8/28-9/3. Does anyone know if I will get double points for the first three nights if I check out after the 31st? Do I need to break it into two 3-day reservations to make it work?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.