Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How to convert ultimate reward points to Alaska miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys I need 10000 Alaska miles to be enough for a redemption ASAP. I only have ultimate reward points. I have a marriott account. I read somewhere I can transfer UR->Marriott->SPG->Alaska? I do not have SPG account though. If I created a SPG account will this transfer work? At what rate? Is it going to be immediate?

Thank you
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:20 pm

at 3MR to 1SPG, that will be a pricey way of getting 10k Alaska Miles.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by blueflower22
Hey guys I need 10000 Alaska miles to be enough for a redemption ASAP. I only have ultimate reward points. I have a marriott account. I read somewhere I can transfer UR->Marriott->SPG->Alaska? I do not have SPG account though. If I created a SPG account will this transfer work? At what rate? Is it going to be immediate?

Thank you
buy a cheap alaska flight and then purchase the 10,000 Alaska miles that way. I think it costs $190
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by blueflower22

Thank you
It's not immediate as an SPG transfer and you will be burning 30k MR for the privilege.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Alaska also sells miles outright, this may be a good option if you're short.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:24 am

Also remember that UR points are worth more (depending on your card) if spent for travel via Chase's portal. It might be better just buying the ticket outright via Chase...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Another options is to open up an Alaska credit card and get spending. The 30k points *might* post as soon as you hit minimum spend ($1k)...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mroseman13
Another options is to open up an Alaska credit card and get spending. The 30k points *might* post as soon as you hit minimum spend ($1k)...
OP said he or she wanted the miles ASAP, so why wait a week for a credit card to arrive on top of whatever time it takes to spend $1k and the bonus to post?

Just buy the 10k miles from AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.