Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Question Regarding Recent Hilton App Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

I just registered for the:

"Earn 500 Points for each completed stay when you book in the Hilton Honors app now through December 31, 2017."

Some of the fine print reads:

Offer valid February 7, 2017, through December 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/AppBonus prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your Hilton Honors account. Go Hilton Team Member and Family & Friends rates are not eligible for this offer.

We are planning on staying one week each, at two different Homewood Suites. Any idea how I can hack this offer. Would I just have to book the same room type for seven days, creating 7 different stays, to get the 500 points each stay?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by oceanbluehawk
I just registered for the:

"Earn 500 Points for each completed stay when you book in the Hilton Honors app now through December 31, 2017."

Some of the fine print reads:

Offer valid February 7, 2017, through December 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/AppBonus prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. See Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions for more details. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your Hilton Honors account. Go Hilton Team Member and Family & Friends rates are not eligible for this offer.

We are planning on staying one week each, at two different Homewood Suites. Any idea how I can hack this offer. Would I just have to book the same room type for seven days, creating 7 different stays, to get the 500 points each stay?
No. As with any stay-related bonus, you'll get one 500-point bonus per stay...so a total of 1,000 for your two separate stays.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
No. As with any stay-related bonus, you'll get one 500-point bonus per stay...so a total of 1,000 for your two separate stays.
Thank you for the information.

I do not understand why I could not just do the following:

Book one Homewood suites hotel for seven days, but book seven different stays. In other words, book the same hotel, but book the dates separately.

Wouldn't the promo kick in, since the hotel would technically check me out each day? I have done this before because I wanted to stay two nights at a hotel, in a row. I booked the first night with using points, and booked the second night with the same room type (with credit card).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book one Homewood suites hotel for seven days, but book seven different stays. In other words, book the same hotel, but book the dates separately.

Wouldn't the promo kick in, since the hotel would technically check me out each day? I have done this before because I wanted to stay two nights at a hotel, in a row. I booked the first night with using points, and booked the second night with the same room type (with credit card).
Its fine if you change Homewood every night, then you get the bonuses.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Its fine if you change Homewood every night, then you get the bonuses.
Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:39 pm

It won't work. Trust us.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:53 pm

In theory It would work if you are prepared to check-out each day at checkout time and then check in again at check in time, otherwise they are in their rights to simply combine all the nights into one stay
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by eric2011
In theory It would work if you are prepared to check-out each day at checkout time and then check in again at check in time, otherwise they are in their rights to simply combine all the nights into one stay
Your theory is flat-out wrong. Why is this so hard to understand? Stays on consecutive dates at a single property are always combined. Always.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Your theory is flat-out wrong. Why is this so hard to understand? Stays on consecutive dates at a single property are always combined. Always.
I have done it and it did work IN MY CASE so forget your rolling eyes, in this instance you are wrong.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by eric2011
I have done it and it did work IN MY CASE so forget your rolling eyes, in this instance you are wrong.
Doubtful, as this dubious workaround has been suggested and knocked down repeatedly and consistently on this forum. OP, you would be wise to ignore this likely inaccurate claim.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:00 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Since you said "we" I assume you are traveling with somebody else. In theory you could alternate one night bookings with your partner on separate honors accounts to create separate stays. (You asked if there is any way to hack the system and that would be it.)

On the downside you have no guarantee of the same room and in fact you may have no room between check out and check in each day.

The upside would be 6 days times 500 points which equals 3000 points. That's $15 according to the traditional .005 valuation. Personally I'd see this as way too much hassle for $15, but only you can make that decision for yourself.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by kpbadger
The upside would be 6 days times 500 points which equals 3000 points. That's $15 according to the traditional .005 valuation. Personally I'd see this as way too much hassle for $15, but only you can make that decision for yourself.
and I most certainly agree with you on this
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Talking

Originally Posted by kpbadger
Since you said "we" I assume you are traveling with somebody else. In theory you could alternate one night bookings with your partner on separate honors accounts to create separate stays. (You asked if there is any way to hack the system and that would be it.)

On the downside you have no guarantee of the same room and in fact you may have no room between check out and check in each day.

on the other hand, added to that multiple stay credits for status if they can alternate the stays between the two parties could result in extra points and a lot more stays
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:36 am

Splitting the reservations can be done but it's not the normal thing to do and it's clearly laid out in the terms and conditions.

I have done it twice this year when travelling for a mixture of business and leisure where work pick up the bill for the business nights.

On both occasions though I've contacted the hotel management in advance and explained that it's no issue to combine the stay but if possible can they separate the invoices for me.

On both occasions they have responded saying it's easier in this case to leave the reservations as they are but they have pre allocated the rooms so that we don't have to move.

So it definitely can be done but it's not the norm and I imagine if you asked them to split it seven times they would know you were gaming and tell you to take a hike.

I also had one hotel at the end of last year who merged them but still issued two invoices. So there is the facility to merge and issue individual invoices as well which is what should happen.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:41 am

I agree with smmrfld. The best way to generate more stays out of a couple of nights is to change the hotel.

From my point of view it's maybe worth to change hotel to qualify for a status or to get a better upgrade. But for additional 500 points a night? I don't think so.

In this case (2 stays á 7 nights) it would be additional 6.000 points, if you change every night. You can buy 10.000 points for USD 50,- now. So 6.000 points cost USD 30,-. USD 30,- for 12 additional check-outs and check-ins including some additional risks?

Same for alternate bookings of two persons.

Btw: The rates often change for booking with different number of nights. The rate for the same day can vary in a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7-day booking. I don't know why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.