BA Beer Fest

Subscribe
Was distracted when entering the first lounge in LHR 5 today but when I looked around, noticed there was an amazing cider and beer festival going on on the terrace!
Had a Wimbledon Brewery beer and a Thatchers cider.. What a wonderful way to start the weekend!
Haven't seen any threads about this, has anyone been around?
Well I will go and have a look right now - will take a toddle over from the work area and my glass of Castelnau
The Wimbledon beers are also located in the area as soon as you enter the lounge from the new first wing. They're here until early May. Get your feedback in. Let's have more of this!
Let me welcome you to Flyertalk DFN85, and welcome you also to the BA forum. I rather suspect you may well be distracted by now, but nevertheless it's good to see you here. And as ever: À consommer avec modération.
Quote: À consommer avec modération.
Wise words as always from c-w-s! Am heading to the beer table right now. And, welcome DFN85 from me too - I suspect we are in the same lounge right now.
Will it still be there next Saturday?!
I spotted this the other day when on a flight to AMS. I reckon it is just a cunning ploy to distract people getting from First Wing into the CCR. Luckily it won't work on me....much!
I saw this on Sunday, and also something out on the terrace, saw wooden crates or something?! Was a fleeting visit so didn't investigate
It was there last Saturday (15th) I even said to my friend. FINALLY BA is stocking some beer that I want to drink.

I can't stand generic beer, Heineken, Tiger and all the other junk they offer.

So this made me super happy. Will be back in the lounge tomorrow at 4.30AM, might be a little early this time to start though
Quote: And as ever: À consommer avec modération.
And if you don't make sure you have a pee before you board in case of a long hold after leaving the gate.
Quote: Wise words as always from c-w-s! Am heading to the beer table right now. And, welcome DFN85 from me too - I suspect we are in the same lounge right now.
Thank you for your kind words, and thank you corporate-wage-slave, glad to be on Flyer Talk!
Since I had such a great time, just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this festival

Schwann, had a chat with one of the bartenders, and yes, the bar will be there until the beginning of May!
Quote:
Schwann, had a chat with one of the bartenders, and yes, the bar will be there until the beginning of May!
Brilliant, thank you for asking! I want to reintroduce my girlfriend to cider after our nasty encounter with something on tap in a pub...
Quote: I can't stand generic beer, Heineken, Tiger and all the other junk they offer.
When I was a student, a friend of mind offered some salient advice which has stuck with me all my life. There is no such thing as a fine lager - they all taste pretty mediocre and we only drink them to get drunk.

That was true thirty years ago and still how true now, even with the current fad for craft beers. Sure some taste nicer than others, but in the grand scheme of things, they are all junk when compared to truly great drinks.
I have reported on many of these "displays" in the past, did not say anything about this one when I saw it this week as I was not sure how long it had been there and if I had just missed it!

Unfortunately I am always driving after the flight and seldom get the chance to savour the goods.
It looks cheap and tacky, IMO.