NY 747 or 777

Subscribe
Hi all

Apologies if this has been discussed in huge detail before but need a quick answer as prices are rising fast.

I'm booking Premium Economy on an NY trip in early May. Am I best on the 747 or the 777 for comfort? Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance
Take the refurbed "Super Hi J" 747 - the one with WT+ rows 33-36

You'll have the newest IFE which is great and also (fingers crossed) a higher chance of an OpUp to Club World as it's a small cabin and passengers could roll forwards ..
As per above, 747 if you get the SuperHi J config for best IFE.

777's on that route are mostly the old 777-200's which have the older IFE and WT+ seats.
Quote: Any other considerations?
... take a snack if you have a larger appetite - the second meal service is not what it was
Thanks Guys - much appreciated.

Follow up question - how do I know which time from JFK has that exact configuration?

I'm a bit limited outbound because of a) cost and b) timing but I'm clear to take any red eye back on the 6th May
When making a booking on BA.com - before completing and paying, you should have the option to reserve your seat, at which point you can view the seat map and confirm it is rows 33-36.

Of course - aircraft swaps happen before departure, but I think one of the regulars (CIHY) confirmed only one a day of the older Mid-J so fingers crossed you'll fly the aircraft you chose..
Quote: Thanks Guys - much appreciated.

Follow up question - how do I know which time from JFK has that exact configuration?

I'm a bit limited outbound because of a) cost and b) timing but I'm clear to take any red eye back on the 6th May
If possible, you might like to consider the day flight back on the 6/7 May in WTP. It is a much more comfortable way of doing the eastbound TATL.
Quote: ... take a snack if you have a larger appetite - the second meal service is not what it was
I second this. You get a mini chocolate bar and that's it!
Think you've had the right answer already. Enjoy your trip!
Quote: Hi all

Apologies if this has been discussed in huge detail before but need a quick answer as prices are rising fast.

I'm booking Premium Economy on an NY trip in early May. Am I best on the 747 or the 777 for comfort? Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance
Personally I would book a 787 flight to EWR. Newest aircraft, newest IFE and the newest WT+ seat.
Quote: Personally I would book a 787 flight to EWR. Newest aircraft, newest IFE and the newest WT+ seat.
Agree. Plus a way nicer airport to arrive and depart from. The 189 arrives at a time when immigration is normally quiet.

If you have lounge access the EWR Galleries is far superior to the tired JFK F and J lounges too.
Quote: Personally I would book a 787 flight to EWR. Newest aircraft, newest IFE and the newest WT+ seat.
Agree, I would normally but I have to be back in London and am figuring if there is a problem with other flights at JFK that I'd have a back up plan whereas if problems from Newark then I might be stuck. Maybe I'm worrying too much

I have also weighed up the day flight - part of me wants an extra day in NY and then then dead time on plane can be spent sleeping. Worth considering though

Thanks for everyones help!