Wiki Posts
Search

More 737-900's For Delta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:17 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by mother-
I book away from the horrible things for any flights over 90 minutes. If I'm not the only one, that will have an impact on the fares they get.
You're not the only one.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I book away from the horrible things for any flights over 90 minutes. If I'm not the only one, that will have an impact on the fares they get.
I'd be curious to see if more people pay for F or C+ on these. I'd do whatever I could to avoid main cabin.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:49 am
C W

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'd be curious to see if more people pay for F or C+ on these. I'd do whatever I could to avoid main cabin.
An interesting strategy. Make economy so miserable that more people pay up.

I'm more likely to FCM on them personally. C+ doesn't help so much because the legroom isn't as much of an issue for me as the width of the Main Cabin seats.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
I also actively avoid this aircraft and I would rather not hear that more will be added to the fleet.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Austin787
Anderson did lots of good for Delta and the airline improved a lot under his reign. His biggest mistake was burning bridges with Boeing and his airline partners.

I flew in row 1 on SJU-ATL. I actually like that row - more legroom than economy comfort and no one reclining into my space.
I tried 1B on the 739 from JFK to MCO. I thought it was fine especially with the cut out

I have wanted to fly the 739 in coach. I was booked in coach on a 739 on JFK-CUN-JFK for later this year. It is now an A319 instead. Hopefully the A319 will be a nice ride for the 4 hour flights.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:31 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
are you booking away to other DL flights on different equipment or are you booking away to another carrier?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:39 pm
C W

Originally Posted by pvn
are you booking away to other DL flights on different equipment or are you booking away to another carrier?
Either way it can impact fares. While booking away to other Delta flights won't hurt Delta, it will shift revenue management's ability to price certain flights higher than others, possibly (if the effect size is large enough) leading to reduced fares and yields on 737 routes.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
These 739's are showing up all the time now.....my only bad experience was with an oversized person in the middle in C+ which made ATL-LGA pretty bad.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by pvn
It has caused me to book other airlines, though usually I just book different flights.

Regardless it will negatively impact the RASM for DL's 739 fleet. I highly doubt it will do so enough for the beancounters to pull a few rows out of the plane though

Fortunately DL doesn't use these much on the east coast anymore (most of my flights). Unfortunately they love to put these on ATL-SEA, and I fly to SEA a half dozen times a year. In fact I'm currently booked on some 739s, but only because they had the cheapest buy-up to F. I do not intend on taking either flight, but I did make sure I could confirm not being in rows 1 or 4 just in case ATL implodes again and I can't SDC.

PS I can absolutely tell the difference of 2" (1" in each seat) more space when sitting next to someone broad. Other than the bins, I like the A321 almost as much as the 752. (L2 boarding vs better IFE)
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by apodo77
No.

I have flown a ton on the 737-900 (usually ATL-SFO or PDX) and never thought of it as a torture chamber.
My only complaint is no mid cabin lav.
Yes! That's a problem. I knew there is no mid-economy lavatory. I'm so disappointed with this. I don't like that.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Credit Card, Rapid Rewards
Have heard nothing but bad things about DL's 739's from passengers, pilots, FA's, and ground crew alike. I think the only group that likes them is management. I wish Delta ordered more A321's, it's a much more comfortable aircraft, even if some of it is in my mind.

Nothing has it on the originally configured 757's though. What a truly great and powerful plane.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I avoid them in possible. Some routes it's impossible but since I'm normally in C+ it's not a huge deal but the main cabin is pretty bad.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C W

As for the 742, DC-9, and NW A333 I am too young to have ever flown any of those products. I'll leave others to judge the merits of their seats.
Then are you old enough to even post on FT? The 747-200 I understand. However the DC9 was around till just a few years ago (less then five) and the oldest A330 is around 12-13 years old.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:25 pm
C W

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Then are you old enough to even post on FT? The 747-200 I understand. However the DC9 was around till just a few years ago (less then five) and the oldest A330 is around 12-13 years old.
I turned 23 this week. Is that old enough?

I always loved air travel but I didn't start flying heavily until my senior year of college.

I fly a lot of A330s but they all have had the new seats.

I always wanted to fly a DC-9 but never got the chance Maybe when I was too young to keep track.

Most of my flying as a kid seemed to be on NW 757s, 737s, and regional planes.

Last edited by C W; Apr 15, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I can't either. There's no way I could convince myself that an extra half inch on each side of my rear end would make a noticeable difference.
Fly a leg with three adult men in a seat-set. It's the shoulder room that is terrible. I figure the window seat guy (me) will lean as far against the wall as possible, and the aisle guy will (hopefully) sort of favor the aisle armrest. Compared the the 17.3" boeing seat, the shoulders of the middle person has 1.4" more space. And all three are able to sort of relax a tiny bit and breathe.

Yes it is still tight. Economy just is. But the seat width difference does matter to some of us, and is noticeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.