Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LAX-CTU for under $2500 in biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

Would this itinerary quality as one where the traveler wouldn't need a Chinese VISA?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by MrBear1
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

Would this itinerary quality as one where the traveler wouldn't need a Chinese VISA?
The itinerary linked is showing LAX-NRT-CTU-NRT-LAX which is *not* eligible for TWOV. You *will* need a Chinese visa to fly this routing.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
The itinerary linked is showing LAX-NRT-CTU-NRT-LAX which is *not* eligible for TWOV. You *will* need a Chinese visa to fly this routing.
Why is it not eligible? I thought the rule was you had to transit to another country after leaving China and not immediately back to your country of origin?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Why is it not eligible? I thought the rule was you had to transit to another country after leaving China and not immediately back to your country of origin?
NRT-CTU-NRT is Japan-China-Japan, there's no third country.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
NRT-CTU-NRT is Japan-China-Japan, there's no third country.
Duh

THanks
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
There are other routes available, if you need/want to fly LAX-CTU for $2500 in business and be eligible for TWOV. For example, this flight, just a couple days earlier (and 1 day shorter)...

LAX-SFO-CTU-NRT-LAX $2487
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: SPG:PLAT DL:PM
Not bad earning for Alaska Mileage plan on Hainan too.
Thanks OP
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
There are other routes available, if you need/want to fly LAX-CTU for $2500 in business and be eligible for TWOV. For example, this flight, just a couple days earlier (and 1 day shorter)...

Thanks! This will actually work nicely.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpiotrow

Question for you...

How did you get GF to find a rt ticket to Chengdu with a stop in Japan on the way back?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Question for you...

How did you get GF to find a rt ticket to Chengdu with a stop in Japan on the way back?
I just searched for a roundtrip flight from LAX-CTU, and when I selected the outgoing flight, I noticed it was going through SFO, so I looked for another option on the return flight. If you delete the return flight (here's the link), you'll notice there are flights through SFO, NRT, and even ICN (though the ICN flight is not anywhere near the same price). HTH!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.