Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange baggage allowance on domestic flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GC

I've just gone to checkin online for a LHR-ABZ flight tomorrow, and discovered that the systems seem to think that I only have an allowance of a single checked bag.

If it was zero bags I would understand as I could have been booked on a basic fare by our wonderful corporate travel agent - however as I've been able to pre select a seat free of charge I assume this isn't the case. Two bags (which I was expecting) again makes sense with the extra bag due to status (GGL). However I really can't understand what circumstances would leave me with an allowance of a single bag.

Anyone got any ideas as to how this could have happened, and what treatment to expect when I turn up with my 2 bags to checkin tomorrow?

(Flight is in B fare bucket, and is part of a booking that has BA, BE and QR flights in it)
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:03 pm

On ba.com, the allowance for UK Domestic is one bag. I think the two piece allowance was "enhanced" some time ago. Of course, your status allows one extra bag (as long as you're not on an HBO fare).

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-allowances
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
Status (EC #) not recorded on the booking?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have the same issue on my ET redemption tomorrow ATH LHR, seems to think I only have 1 bag allowed. I am pretty sure I have 2x32kg at the very least
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Not sure if BA does it, but my first general guess would have been temporary weight restriction from short runway + other issue (weather, construction, etc.)
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:29 pm

Noted the same thing on my flights yesterday (ARN-LHR-LAX). According to MMB I had no checked in baggage allowance. However had no problems checking in 2x30kg.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:53 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
MMB/OLCI is often wrong.

Economy is 1 bag plus 1 bag as Gold, so 2x32kg allowance as per the link above.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GC
Turned out that when I got to checkin it did indeed only have an allowance of a single bag on the booking (so not an issue with MMB or OLCI).

Took a phone call from checkin to revenue mgmt to get authorisation for them to accept the second bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.