Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:06 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Lifetime Globalist

It's nice to see the Lifetime program officially acknowledged on the Hyatt web site https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

If I'm reading the rewards chart correctly, Lifetime Globs get 4 DSUs (GSUs ?) and a free night award in Category 1-7, good for 120 days, at the start of each program year in March.

If a Lifetime Glob also has the 60 qualifying nights, do they get another 4 DSUs and Cat 1-7 free night ?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:16 am

So it is basically the exact same as it was except you no longer need 10 years as a Hyatt member.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
To me the wording is pretty clear that LT does not get the 4 Suite Upgrades Annually unless you stay 60 nights, also no Category 1-7 cert unless staying 60 nights.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SF1K
To me the wording is pretty clear that LT does not get the 4 Suite Upgrades Annually unless you stay 60 nights, also no Category 1-7 cert unless staying 60 nights.
This would be consistent with WOH thinking of these perks as warned awards at 60 nights and not associated with Glob status. Remember that folks requalifying with 55 nights won't get this stuff either under WOH rules.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:35 am

If one of the perks of Diamond now is hit 60 once and you only need 55 each year to keep the top status after that, but we won't give you DSU anymore unless you hit 60 each year, then that would basically make the 55 night perk worthless and would really be a massive negative for me. I am hoping that is not how it plays out. I am hoping that once you hit 60, 55 will give you DSUs after. I know you won't get the 1-7 night unless you hit 60...basically I am hoping that the system will treat DSUs as a part of Diamond status regardless of how many nights you earned it with, rather than a perk added at X nights, like the free night.

I clearly read the LT Diamond page as saying you get the free night and the DSU just for being LT regardless of nights. It sounds like you get 4 MORE for hitting 60 nights.

To quote:

"In March every calendar year - Free night award in Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 120 days from issuance)

4 suite upgrade awards to use at the time of reservation at participating Hyatt hotles and resorts
(valid for one year from issuance when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award) "

I do like how they misspelled hotels on their page.

Last edited by antonius66; Mar 1, 2017 at 7:41 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by antonius66
If one of the perks of Diamond now is hit 60 once and you only need 55 each year to keep the top status after that, but we won't give you DSU anymore unless you hit 60 each year, then that would basically make the 55 night perk worthless and would really be a massive negative for me. I am hoping that is not how it plays out. I am hoping that once you hit 60, 55 will give you DSUs after. I know you won't get the 1-7 night unless you hit 60...basically I am hoping that the system will treat DSUs as a part of Diamond status regardless of how many nights you earned it with, rather than a perk added at X nights, like the free night.

I clearly read the LT Diamond page as saying you get the free night and the DSU just for being LT regardless of nights. It sounds like you get 4 MORE for hitting 60 nights.

To quote:

"In March every calendar year - Free night award in Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 120 days from issuance)

4 suite upgrade awards to use at the time of reservation at participating Hyatt hotles and resorts
(valid for one year from issuance when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award) "

I do like how they misspelled hotels on their page.

I totally skipped over that "In March every calendar year" - yes it does appear that LT will get the Category 1-7 Free night and Suite Upgrade Awards regardless of any activity.

Seems that as a Globalist (without LT) you need to get to 60 nights to get either of them.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta
Is there a way to check your progress towards Lifetime Globalist on the Hyatt web site?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:22 am

"You will have access to our hightest level of luxury without having to requalify."

I'm still pondering the ways to read that.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm with antonius66. The "March every year" is redundant unless LT Globs can get 8 DSUs and 2 Cat 1-7s.

Sort of makes sense in that someone who has spent $200K is somebody you want to make sure is fully incentivised to keep staying...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This is a bit off-topic, but there are so many WoH threads I'm not sure where the original one is. I've been Diamond for the past couple of years, but this year had only ca 20 nights, so would not have made the cut. I logged into my account a few days ago and saw that Diamond status was extended to 2018, and see today that I'm Globalist until 2018. Is this correct or did I get lucky?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Very saddened by the end of the Diamond Amenity

It was quite disappointing for the agent to tell me today at checkin that the Diamond Amenity was gone. I always looked forward to having a drink and snack upon arrival and they have already "disposed" of the cards.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bas5838
It was quite disappointing for the agent to tell me today at checkin that the Diamond Amenity was gone. I always looked forward to having a drink and snack upon arrival and they have already "disposed" of the cards.
Disappointing, yes. Very much so.

But why would they not have "already "disposed"" of the cards? It's over.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This would be consistent with WOH thinking of these perks as warned awards at 60 nights and not associated with Glob status. Remember that folks requalifying with 55 nights won't get this stuff either under WOH rules.
A glob requalifying with 55 nights get CSU/DSU.

Section V (h.) awards CSU if tier night requirements are met. Contrast that with section V (i.) (free night at cat 1-7) which explicitly states you need 60 nights.

A lifetime Glob will get a set of CSU when they reach the lifetime threshold but will not get in subsequent years without meeting the night/base point requirements.

As for requalification, my understanding of the wording right now is if you did 60 nights in Year 1, you need 55 in Year 2 but you need 60 nights in Year 3 to requalify for Glob unless you had 60 nights in the Year 2 (year prior).

Last edited by seawolf; Mar 1, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by SF1K
I think you need to read further. You get ANOTHER set of 4 DSU with 60 stays.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:43 pm
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
A glob requalifying with 55 nights get CSU/DSU.

Section V (h.) awards CSU if tier night requirements are met. Contrast that with section V (i.) (free night at cat 1-7) which explicitly states you need 60 nights.

A lifetime Glob will get a set of CSU when they reach the lifetime threshold but will not get in subsequent years without meeting the night/base point requirements.

As for requalification, my understanding of the wording right now is if you did 60 nights in Year 1, you need 55 in Year 2 but you need 60 nights in Year 3 to requalify for Glob unless you had 60 nights in the Year 2 (year prior).
This thread is discussing Lifetime Globs and Section Vl is the relevant part of the T&Cs. In particular, Vl.b ...

"Lifetime Globalists will receive the following awards and benefits described in this Appendix C without the need to satisfy a minimum annual Base Point earning or Tier-Qualifying Night threshold:

(i) Four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards annually;
(ii) One (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Award annually; and
(iii) Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge agent."

further

"If a Lifetime Globalist completes sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earns one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, (s)he will earn a second Category 1-7 Free Night Award and a second set of four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards for that year."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.