Saturday Night Stay Now Insufficient?

Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Saturday Night Stay Now Insufficient?

I was looking at doing a quick short-haul hop somewhere, for one night, one weekend. I intended to fly out from LHR or LGW on a Saturday morning and return the following day.

Some of the return prices are substantially more than if I fly Friday to Sunday or Saturday to Monday.

Was this always the case? I thought staying for one night - provided it was a Saturday night - was sufficient.

Palmer
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Some fare rules require a two night stay.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Some require Sunday night Stay.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palmer
I was looking at doing a quick short-haul hop somewhere, for one night, one weekend. I intended to fly out from LHR or LGW on a Saturday morning and return the following day.

Some of the return prices are substantially more than if I fly Friday to Sunday or Saturday to Monday.

Was this always the case? I thought staying for one night - provided it was a Saturday night - was sufficient.

Palmer
Which fare in particular? I'll look it up.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:21 pm

If you look at the lower fare on ITA Matrix you'll see what the restriction is for that fare.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Which fare in particular? I'll look it up.
Nowhere specifically. Having had another look, it was mainly routes from LGW in CE.

For example, 25/26 March AMS, BOD, FCO and probably more. Fare is cheaper over two nights.

Palmer
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Nowhere specifically. Having had another look, it was mainly routes from LGW in CE.

For example, 25/26 March AMS, BOD, FCO and probably more. Fare is cheaper over two nights.

Palmer
Just availability, Sunday night flights less seats as everyone coming back from weekend trips. ?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:11 pm

Palmer
The AMS and FCO I fares require Sat night stay:

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN
THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL
SECTOR.
The BOD fare requires a 2 night stay, but doesn't have to be over Sat night:

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 2
DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Looking at BOD, the cheaper fare (IKV2K) includes a rule regarding length of stay, as below. The single night, more expensive, fare (DKV2K) does not. The more expensive fare does book into D rather than I, but looking at it I don't think this is caused by a lack of availability of I, rather the IKV2K rules.

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 2
DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
edit : too slow, beaten by Ldnn1
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Just availability, Sunday night flights less seats as everyone coming back from weekend trips. ?
Not exactly. The inbound Sunday fare drops if you depart Friday.

Thank you Hodders and Ldnn1. It was just a general observation when searching recently, rather than requiring anything specific to any of those destinations. Thank you for the background and fare details.

Palmer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.