Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Air Wisconsin to join UA Express

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass
Air Wisconsin to join UA Express

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but according to a post on airlinepilotforums.com: https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/r...pa-united.html

Air Wisconsin has signed an agreement with UA, starting next year.

The downside, more CRJ-200s
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by swiftaw
The downside, more CRJ-200s
What the . . . ? I thought they were getting those out of the fleet. Now they're adding "up to 65" of them?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
What the . . . ? I thought they were getting those out of the fleet. Now they're adding "up to 65" of them?
Looks like a make up for loss of 145's. Unfortunate as I would take a 145 over a CRJ200 any day of the week.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
If UA can keep the CRJ deployment to < 1 hour flight time, the Devil's Chariot can be tolerated. But if Air Wisconsin is going to be running > 1 hour flights, then this is a real setback for United's slowly recovering reputation.

Are you listening, Mr. Kirby?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
If UA can keep the CRJ deployment to < 1 hour flight time, the Devil's Chariot can be tolerated. But if Air Wisconsin is going to be running > 1 hour flights, then this is a real setback for United's slowly recovering reputation.

Are you listening, Mr. Kirby?
They certainly will be used on flights more than an hour, whether one measures that by schedule or takeoff-to-landing. Your expectations are unrealistic. Delta announced ~six years ago it was going to limit single-class planes to routes of 749 miles or less; UA needs a lot of investment in the 'big RJ' fleet to be able to match that.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Maybe this means more domestic expansion is coming, on top of the new 47 daily flights announced this morning (http://newsroom.united.com/2017-02-2...U-S-and-Europe).

Originally Posted by United
In total, United is adding 47 new daily round trips to its domestic schedule. The flights will be on a variety of mainline and regional jets that will add nearly 8,700 additional seats per day and approximately 90,000 new flight miles.
Hopefully these will keep to truly regional routes.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Hopefully these will keep to truly regional routes.
Naw, just painful ones: Longest flights in RJ.

David
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Wow, the AA forum is really happy to see them go. I'm not happy to see Air Wisconsin come back to UX...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
Wow, the AA forum is really happy to see them go. I'm not happy to see Air Wisconsin come back to UX...
Maybe they just wanted to be closer to Kirby...

David
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:14 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
One step forward, 2 steps back. This is absolutely horrible, horrible news. Not sure why they're replacing the better-in-almost-every-aspect 145s with the absolute worst plane I've ever flown on in the CRJ. (And I know, I fly on the CRJ about 50 times a year or more).

Just when I think United turns a corner (of improvement)...They do something garbage like this.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
All signs point to more CRJs and fewer ERJs, no gain in overall 50-seater count. Kirby is adamant these airplanes will be deployed to small, close-in markets, but it's still a net negative as it means more CR2s than currently.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
CR2's are awful in their current configuration. Sad!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
All signs point to more CRJs and fewer ERJs, no gain in overall 50-seater count. Kirby is adamant these airplanes will be deployed to small, close-in markets, but it's still a net negative as it means more CR2s than currently.
Post #14 from the OP's linked thread has Kirby's email to UA employees and he does seem pretty adamant that these will be only for regional routes.

I certainly would've preferred ERJs over CRJs, but if it means returning to some markets they've abandoned, I could be for it. For example, I'd love to see OAK brought back. From LAX on a CRJ wouldn't be too terrible. DEN-OAK, however, is a nope.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I certainly would've preferred ERJs over CRJs, but if it means returning to some markets they've abandoned, I could be for it. For example, I'd love to see OAK brought back. From LAX on a CRJ wouldn't be too terrible. DEN-OAK, however, is a nope.
Meh. OAK-LAX on a CR2 is losing my business to WN every single time.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Post #14 from the OP's linked thread has Kirby's email to UA employees and he does seem pretty adamant that these will be only for regional routes.

It seems that ORD and IAD to a lesser extent are the targets for the ZK CR2s. The West Coast is more competitive with mainline and large RJ service on AA/DL/WN/AS to all but the smallest cities, so I don't think UA is going to double down on 50-seaters from LAX/SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.