Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

International UA route changes / additions / deletions [2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA announcement - Summer Travel is Heating Up - United Airlines Adds Service to 31 Destinations Across the U.S. and Europe
Domestic Thread - Domestic UA route changes / additions / deletions [2017]
Related discussion United 777-300ER Future Routes

SFO- MUC 24MAY17 to 03SEP17 (SFO departure)
UA194 SFO1405 – 1025+1MUC 788 D
UA195 MUC1210 – 1450SFO 788 D
Print Wikipost

International UA route changes / additions / deletions [2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
A bunch of new routes added, including SFO-MUC

Didn't see this posted!

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rom-june-2017/
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Summer Seasonal SFO-MUC service

24MAY17 to 03SEP17 (SFO departure)

UA194 SFO1405 – 1025+1MUC 788 D
UA195 MUC1210 – 1450SFO 788 D

Compliments the later LH flights and has a ton of X/XN award space open throughout the summer.

Even decent amounts of R inventory showing for travel on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The thread talking about COU being added also mentioned these additional routes. Imagine this is going to get condensed...am surprised they are adding international routes, even if seasonal, and particularly TATL. All I have read here / heard about is cutting of TATL routes entirely (or scaling back to seasonal) because of how weak demand is.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The thread talking about COU being added also mentioned these additional routes. Imagine this is going to get condensed...am surprised they are adding international routes, even if seasonal, and particularly TATL. All I have read here / heard about is cutting of TATL routes entirely (or scaling back to seasonal) because of how weak demand is.
It's only a single international route, SFO-MUC. SFO is IMO significantly underserved in UA TATLs (with only LHR, CDG, and FRA) so this will be a welcome addition.

OP linked the wrong page. Here's the announcement re SFO-MUC: United Adds Seasonal SFO-MUC in 2017.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
SFO-MUC? After they couldn't make IAH-MUC work? And that WITH competition from LH already serving this route? Don't think that'll work for them either.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
SFO-MUC? After they couldn't make IAH-MUC work? And that WITH competition from LH already serving this route? Don't think that'll work for them either.
It's a seasonal route, which suggests they are catering to more leisure travel. Looking at the times they have blocked out, I would much rather do UA's timing (leave early afternoon, arrive next morning) than LH (leave at night, arrive in early evening) if I was doing a vacation trip. YMMV of course...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO=Tech
IAH=Oil

Totally different markets. Bay area economy still on fire.

Guess we'll see how it works.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Lani1
Nothing new out of lax, would love to see lax - anc
I dont think there will be anything new from LAX until construction is done. Gates 72, 75A, and 80 were closed last time I checked.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
MUC is a key EMEA base for many semiconductor chip companies with HQ obviously in the Bay Area. I do this flightly qtrly through EWR and a bunch of my guys just take the direct LH flight. With Polaris, I think it competes with LH. I know a lot of my team would switch so I imagine there are many others in the semi field like this.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:14 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I think it would be smarter to space the SFO-FRA and SFO-MUC departure times farther apart than 2:00pm and 2:05pm, both for station staff coverage smoothing and to allow more flexibility for the inevitable cancellations and delays that these flights and aircraft seem to experience.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Damn DEN-SLO? Wish they had brought back DEN-MRY.

Nice to see the TATL addition out of SFO.

I'm surprised that ORD-RNO isn't in the winter for all the ski traffic. Half the people I know who don't live around California don't realize that Tahoe is a summer spot as well.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by TA
I think it would be smarter to space the SFO-FRA and SFO-MUC departure times farther apart than 2:00pm and 2:05pm, both for station staff coverage smoothing and to allow more flexibility for the inevitable cancellations and delays that these flights and aircraft seem to experience.
The LH flights operate the later bank. UA will use those for overflow/IROPs.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Think this is leisure given the timing and I am sure United will not have trouble filling up Y -- LH's MUC flight is more awkwardly timed for connections elsewhere in europe (arriving late the following day), and UA will have fewer seats filtering through the LH system via FRA as the 747s come offline. Net net I think the route will do fine; if they can fill the seats upfront with biz pax it'll go y/r.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's only a single international route, SFO-MUC. SFO is IMO significantly underserved in UA TATLs (with only LHR, CDG, and FRA) so this will be a welcome addition.
+1! Any new TATL service from the West Coast is welcome.

Originally Posted by FL390
I dont think there will be anything new from LAX until construction is done. Gates 72, 75A, and 80 were closed last time I checked.
A relaunch of LAX-FRA would look great as well - to counterbalance LHs dominance in the SoCal-Germany market
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kacee
SFO is IMO significantly underserved in UA TATLs (with only LHR, CDG, and FRA)
SFO-TLV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.