Wiki Posts
Search

Choose seat 1A and 1K

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Choose seat 1A and 1K

Hello,
Can you please tell me how book the seat 1A and 1K they are unavailble but i'm almost sure it's because they are for Silver or Gold car Older.
I'll become Silver soon and i would like to know if it will allow me to book these seats.

Thank you
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
1AK are reserved for Golds (and only Golds - no non-Golds on the same booking) until 72 hours before departure - you can check back then, but they will likely be reserved by then.

More info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:03 am

To add to Genius1, if you're on a 747 many find 2A and 2K just as good (some even prefer them), and whilst 1A and 1K may well have gone by 72 hours before, it is not always the case - they were free on my flight to San Francisco for instance, and remained free for a 7/14 load, so do check back.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
A380 LHR to HKG last August, 1A was still free 24 hours before check-in and I managed to secure it no problem without any status. Very nice seat too!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1
1AK are reserved for Golds (and only Golds - no non-Golds on the same booking) until 72 hours before departure - you can check back then, but they will likely be reserved by then.

More info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
You mean Gold or Gold / Emerald? Had no problems selecting 1A way in advance as an AAdvantage EP.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jongesander
You mean Gold or Gold / Emerald? Had no problems selecting 1A way in advance as an AAdvantage EP.
That's correct. OWE are treated as GCH for the purpose of assigning 1A/1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.