Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SAS: MIA-OSL Premium Economy $510 RT

Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Nonstop SAS Plus Saver books in P
Looks like it credits to Aegean at 200%.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcsimard
Nonstop SAS Plus Saver books in P
Looks like it credits to Aegean at 200%.
Great find! Looks like it might also work to CPH, ARN, and BGO.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Looks like SK is trying to undercut DY by 50%.

Just got MIA-CPH for $511 Xmas - NY (Jan 1st), on the return trip it's possible to jump off at EWR with connection. Can't find anything during the summer from June until mid August.

For TK's M&S the whole trip will accrue nearly 15K miles (150%), so it's almost free if you value award miles at 3cpm, not to mention status miles. For A3 members this will renew their annual Gold at nearly 20K miles.

At around 3 cpm (even less if you're flexible with dates, saw a few dates under $500) this is a much better mileage run deal than other Y MR.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 1, 2017 at 10:28 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Great find, but I suspect that this has nothing do with DY as only a few routes (MIA-EWR-XXX) were at the cheap price. Seems to me as something else is going on with the pricing, especially as the Plus tickets were cheaper than Go. I was able to find MIA-EWR-CPH, CPH-MIA for around 460USD over Christmas and the start of school holidays in Sweden. Now I need to find a way to nest another ticket.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I was just discussing Christmas trips with family and this opens up the Caribbean and South America. Perfect timing for us.

Last edited by livious; Feb 26, 2017 at 12:51 am
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by livious
Great find, but I suspect that this has nothing do with DY as only a few routes (MIA-EWR-XXX) were at the cheap price.
I was joking about undercutting DY.

If you're looking at nesting with this trip, TK has OSL-BOS for 1500 Euros (used to be insanely low for 1300), I wouldn't call this cheap but you'll only save a few hundreds bucks flying with DY and FI for inferior hard products and without miles.

There might be more Europe - NA deals in J or Y+ coming but for Christmas and with family I wouldn't take too much risk waiting for deals to come up.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:27 am

SAS did have some great fares ex-MIA when the route started, likely as DY also started up in the area. However, the fares have not really been great ex-Scandinavia. I would be happy enough if SAS found some codeshares to handle onward traffic to South America or the Caribbean/Central America.

Will definitely avoid FI and DY if possible and will try to nest the trip within an award trip if there is any availability. After weeks looking into SE Asia, I need to start searching all over again. At least it is raining and I have plenty of time at hand.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: BA
Pulled the trigger on MIA-EWR-OSL. Outbound 28.08.17 and inbound 03.01.18

Great value with lounge access too I believe
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Appears to be gone. Only finding ~$1500.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:51 am

Can't find it on SAS's website, although the new design is so buggy that it is hard to tell at times.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:07 am

Why would you think this PE fare has lounge access?
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
Pulled the trigger on MIA-EWR-OSL. Outbound 28.08.17 and inbound 03.01.18

Great value with lounge access too I believe
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: *G
SK does provide access to their own lounges and a couple of partner lounges at some destinations on their 'plus' fares, however Miami is not one of them, so only lounge in CPH/OSL/wherever you might start in Scandinavia.
Fare seems gone to me too.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:33 am

SK has a lounge at EWR that he/she will have access to, along with OSL as you mentioned.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DLDFW
Why would you think this PE fare has lounge access?
From the SAS website:
  • SAS Plus to/from Asia/the US: You are welcome at SAS lounges around the world as well as our partners' lounges in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. If you are traveling on a SAS intercontinental flight, you also have access to SAS' own lounges on arrival (except at Newark due to airport authority regulations).
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:18 pm

Does CPH have arrival lounge? This would come in very handy. I've checked around already, only a small tip of information from SK.

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...lounge-access/

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...st-of-lounges/

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 26, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by vincewy
Does CPH have arrival lounge? This would come in very handy. I've checked around already, only a small tip of information from SK.

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...lounge-access/

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...st-of-lounges/
The normal lounge can be used as arrivals lounge. Arriving from the US you shouldn't need to go through security, only immigration, but even for other destinations such as NRT you can go through transit security without having an onward BP, to get to the lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.