Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UA Gold traveling biz class on Air Canada; does that mean I get lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Starwood

Hello! I am going to be stopped at the Vancouver and SF airports for a while on my way back and forth to SYD. I'm traveling biz class on Air Canada and am Gold on United. Does that mean I get access to any club lounges? I incurred nerve damage on my back that is extremely painful when I sit for flights and was wondering if anyone knows if there are places to lay down or take a hot shower or even roll out a yoga mat and lay at any of these lounges or airports? Thank you
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
You can use the *A Lounges which on the YVR TB is basically AC MLL. They do have showers. No spot to lay down etc.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
There are places to "lay down", the question is more or less if you will be be okay with others staring at you.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
There are places to "lay down", the question is more or less if you will be be okay with others staring at you.
lol, you know what they meant Jack :P
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
You can use the *A Lounges which on the YVR TB is basically AC MLL. They do have showers. No spot to lay down etc.
I'm sorry I don't understand. A lounges? Is that terminal A in Van couver? AC MLL is AIr Canada ? Sorry what's MLL?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Summerrain123
I'm sorry I don't understand. A lounges? Is that terminal A in Van couver? AC MLL is AIr Canada ? Sorry what's MLL?
Sorry, I'm using short hand, I missed that you're new here (welcome).

A* = star alliance

MLL = Maple Leaf Lounge (the Air Canada Lounge).
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks!!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:29 am

Basically for *A Transboarder you have AC and that's it out of YVR.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:35 am
Original Poster

No short shorts or hair flipping at the lounge while back stretching on the ground , Summer unless you want a crowd looking at you.

How is the Maple Leaf Lounge?

PS if I am United Gold does that mean at any point I can use the Star Alliance Lounges? Like say I am flying econ plus domestically on United and I spot the Singapore Airlines lounge? Do I get to go inside? Also what if I am flying United Econ from ORD to SFO. Do I get to go inside the United lounge or no bc I am only flying Econ domestic? or yes bc I stretch on the ground? LOL

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:39 am

You can use the *A lounge in Canada if you are *G and you are traveling on a *A carrier on any ticket.

I can't speak to Singapore in the USA sorry. But I'm going to bet there is some kind of rule blocking it. As for united, united has it's own rules for access for it's elites, which you could ask on the united forum to get insight to.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Depending on how long your layover is, and how much relief you need for your back, the Fairmont hotel in the airport terminal does offer day room rates, and they also have health club facilities.

http://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-ai...day-use-rooms/
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I dont know how to reply to individuals but everyone is giving such valuable information. Love the Fairmont idea thank you so much.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Depending on how long your layover is, and how much relief you need for your back, the Fairmont hotel in the airport terminal does offer day room rates, and they also have health club facilities.

http://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-ai...day-use-rooms/
+1 on this. Rooms are very comfortable and quiet. I usually look forward to taking a hot bath there after coming back from a TPAC flight. The room service is also fantastic.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Here's a simple answer:

1. UA Gold gets lounge access on all international itineraries. If your flight is operated by AC, it's international.
2. AC business class gets lounges access on all itineraries.

So you get lounge access everywhere that has a *A lounge (definitely SFO and YVR).
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Here's a simple answer:

1. UA Gold gets lounge access on all international itineraries. If your flight is operated by AC, it's international.
2. AC business class gets lounges access on all itineraries.

So you get lounge access everywhere that has a *A lounge (definitely SFO and YVR).
Most accurate and succinct post of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.