Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

The bloggers are wearing me out re: Cheap fares on LCC to Europe

Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

If one more blogger post a tease headline with a $65 fare from the USA to Europe, I'm going to explode.

There was a time when the 'tease' was more realistic. These days, the clickbait and $65 one-way fares are getting dangerously close to the edge. Oldtimers around here are fed up with the likes of all the travel bloggers.

What's your opinion?

dh
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I think there's more to come. Wait until Wow and Norwegian come out with a U.S. credit card product that can be pumped by bloggers. Get ready for the next round.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by dhammer53
If one more blogger post a tease headline with a $65 fare from the USA to Europe, I'm going to explode.

There was a time when the 'tease' was more realistic. These days, the clickbait and $65 one-way fares are getting dangerously close to the edge. Oldtimers around here are fed up with the likes of all the travel bloggers.

What's your opinion?

dh
I'm waiting for the headline "Travel Like I WOULD NEVER Do"
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DY is on an aggressive marketing campaign, they even had a multipage insert in Monocle last month. VFTW was pumping 99$ wizz fares to Iceland years ago, my feeling is that there is some marketing budget at play.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
(deleted)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dhammer53

What's your opinion?

dh
Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read the bloggers, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "explode" which seems pretty traumatic, wouldn't it make sense to protect oneself from an untimely demise?

Regards
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
What iz de issue with this scubadu guy, is he one of them bloggers? :-)

I want to see the deleted post by Raffles!

Doing posts like these are so easy even a robot can do it...and take a break for the next "Last Chance to apply for X card"....until the next one that is!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The deletion was off topic - I will post it on TBB at a relevant point.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't waste my time, and never have, reading blogs.

At the beginning, they were doing it for the fun of it and getting almost all their info from FT. Now they're in it for money, and hence, the click bait articles.

I agree with you Dan ^
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read the bloggers, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "explode" which seems pretty traumatic, wouldn't it make sense to protect oneself from an untimely demise?
I'm not actually reading the blog(s). I'm just looking at the clickbait headline.
There must be lots of new readers, because I know the 'regulars' can't be opening the thread.

dh
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by gpapadop
What iz de issue with this scubadu guy, is he one of them bloggers? :-)

I want to see the deleted post by Raffles!

Doing posts like these are so easy even a robot can do it...and take a break for the next "Last Chance to apply for X card"....until the next one that is!
That poster pops in periodically with basically the same post that "you aren't required to read the blogs..." and then runs off. Guess they don't know that they're not required to read this forum either!

Anyway I think it's also a reflection of the dwindling content that the P&M bloggers have to post about in these devalued twilight days of FFPs.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 84fiero
That poster pops in periodically with basically the same post that "you aren't required to read the blogs..." and then runs off. Guess they don't know that they're not required to read this forum either!
Actually, I never run off. I read the threads on this forum quite consistently. I just generally choose to ignore your attempts to engage me and have placed a few other frequent "voices" here on my ignore list.

Regards
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:29 pm

deleted.

Last edited by MrTemporal; Feb 25, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
Ummm... you know that you aren't actually required to read this forum, right? I mean if it's actually going to cause you to "be confused", wouldn't it make sense avoid reading and commenting on this type of posts?

I've long learned that when dan talks I listen... or else risk get thrown off the bus
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeloader
I've long learned that when dan talks I listen... or else risk get thrown off the bus
T'was a rowdy group on the BRT last year.

Shameless plus. Check the Community forum for the current thread. Sorry to be off topic.

dh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.