Delta first class promotion?

Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Delta first class promotion?

Hi all,

While trying to check in via Delta app, I had an offer to upgrade my transatlantic flight to Europe for $499. Unfortunately, by the time I got home, it was no longer available.

I'm at the airport now waiting for that flight. I checked the Delta app and still see empty Delta one seats. I went to the Delta counter and was told that it was an online only promotion. Thus, I cannot take advantage of the offer anymore.

Anyone know if there are other avenues to still take advantage of this offer?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Qacer
Hi all,

While trying to check in via Delta app, I had an offer to upgrade my transatlantic flight to Europe for $499. Unfortunately, by the time I got home, it was no longer available.

I'm at the airport now waiting for that flight. I checked the Delta app and still see empty Delta one seats. I went to the Delta counter and was told that it was an online only promotion. Thus, I cannot take advantage of the offer anymore.

Anyone know if there are other avenues to still take advantage of this offer?

Thanks!
Unfortunately no. Those offers appear randomly online, and cannot be replicated by ground staff or phone agents. When something that good appears, you have to jump on it quickly.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
That was a really good offer, comparable to the AF TATL upgrade offers. As others said, if you see it and you can purchase it, do not postpone it. The number of seats available is limited and if another passenger purchases it, it's gone for good.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If you have Sky Club access, try asking at the full service desk maybe? See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ug-af-cdg.html

That might only work for AF though.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all! I'll be sure to remember booking right away next time.
The upside is that, at least, I was able to change my seats to Comfort+ for free. Last week, Delta was asking $109 for it.

Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
If you have Sky Club access, try asking at the full service desk maybe? See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ug-af-cdg.html

Unfortunately, I don't have status and access. Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:05 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak

That's only an AF option as they have a DOD paid upgrade program.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You could ask to be unchecked in, either by an agent at the airport or by a phone agent, assuming that you're not yet beyond the check in deadline (normally one hour before scheduled departure for international), and then look at the itinerary again on your appp before checking in again.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You could ask to be unchecked in, either by an agent at the airport or by a phone agent, assuming that you're not yet beyond the check in deadline (normally one hour before scheduled departure for international), and then look at the itinerary again on your appp before checking in again.
Good idea. ^
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:12 pm

Does anyone know what fare class these book into, and if they earn a class of service bonus for the MQMs?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Does anyone know what fare class these book into, and if they earn a class of service bonus for the MQMs?
Upgrades at check-in usually do not yield an MQM bonus (which is dumb IMO). In terms of booking class, I think I've heard RP/OP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.