"New" MSP SkyClub

Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
"New" MSP SkyClub

http://news.delta.com/delta-debuts-r...nd-minneapolis

So I saw this news release about the "new" MSP lounge.
Anyone been?
Looks like lots of cosmetic touch ups from the 3 pics with the food area being the "bigger" change. The bathrooms were from the 90s and just kind of gross and given they didn't mention anything....I assumed it's still gross....

Any reviews??
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it really true that the bar here is now self service? I'm surprised as I always believed that the luxury bars in SCs were money makers.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:17 pm

Would it have killed them to clean / replace the dirty ceiling tiles near the air vents? Note the ones further back in the pic -- the front one appears to have been photoshopped.

Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it really true that the bar here is now self service? I'm surprised as I always believed that the luxury bars in SCs were money makers.
Not self serve. Just there last Friday. The expanded food offerings are nice, but otherwise, the same club. Kills me that MSP has no showers in either SC. That would have been a real improvement.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The DL press release linked in the OP refers to "an enhanced food service area and self service beverage area."
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
The DL press release linked in the OP refers to "an enhanced food service area and self service beverage area."
I think the self service beverage area enhancement reference is because of the new coffee/latte machine.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
oh boy.....

Source my blog: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...e-minneapolis/

Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The no showers thing is bad, especially for a hub that has long haul service.

Obviously retrofitting the club with the plumbing needed for showers would be costly, but still-not a fan.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:01 am

Bathrooms are still from the 90s and pretty jarring considering how relatively modern the rest of the club looks.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Not impressed with this new club....wasn't there a real upstairs at one point? Did I just miss it? The bathrooms are wayyyy too small and gross for the amount of people in this club. Also feels very crowded.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:43 am

If there was a real upstairs, it would have been a very long time ago and I can't see it in the architecture. I probably first visited this lounge in about 1990 and I never noticed a second story, although when there was the second (G) entrance beyond what used to be the quiet room (before DL enhanced that away too), it was clearly on lower level as that concourse is down from the landslide departures level. In a sense, the lounge has always been split level.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Those pics are hard to see but not terribly impressive. Disappointed to see that it looks like they did not switch to china and are still using cheap looking paper plates and plasticware. MSP needs some competition, glad it's not longer my home base.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm glad to hear it is open again and construction done. Sounds like a fluff and buff only.
It was bad during construction, hoofed it all the down to the C Club to avoid...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
MSP probably has the worst lounges for any DL hub. LAX isn't that nice, but at least it has showers. JFK was a dump, but I haven't been there in about 5 years, and it seems like it's gotten less worse. So, that leaves MSP.

After seeing what they have done with SFO and SEA, I would think they could do something on that order for one of their larger hubs.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
LAX is much improved, when were you last there?
It's totally disappointing that a hub station with quite a few international flights to AMS, HND, Canada has such a poor lounge. The C lounge is better since it's at least more modern (circa 10-15 years old now) but without doing some major updates like the circa 1990s bathroom is just awful. If they are trying to get me to go the "Escape" Lounge with my Priority Pass well, they are making it an easy choice (free bubbly & Fiji water bottles too!). Please should fill out the comment cards in the lounge and also in the regular surveys that are sent with flights, even if they don't specifically ask for comments about the club

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.